• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

Upstate/Eastern New York

Um....WTF is up with these winds?  Love it when neighbors put out their trash and recycling bins and are absolutely oblivious to the weather.  I will be cleaning their trash all over my yard tomorrow.  Every single industrial sized bin is toppled and moved.  Fun night ahead in guest room to take one for the team.  Stay safe

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Um....WTF is up with these winds?  Love it when neighbors put out their trash and recycling bins and are absolutely oblivious to the weather.  I will be cleaning their trash all over my yard tomorrow.  Every single industrial sized bin is toppled and moved.  Fun night ahead in guest room to take one for the team.  Stay safe

Apparently parts of the Syracuse area have lost power. Crazy gusts going on.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Surprised more people aren't posting about the wind. I'm right on the Mohawk too so it's just funneling in, pretty amazing. 

It’s windy but nothing noteworthy here. This storm track is a little non standard for our area and better for yours.  The forecast did well as your were under warnings and we only have advisories. I’m jealous though! 

16 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

It’s windy but nothing noteworthy here. This storm track is a little non standard for our area and better for yours.  The forecast did well as your were under warnings and we only have advisories. I’m jealous though! 

Yeah. I feel usually winds underperform, but definitely not tonight. Snow blowing everywhere is always a nice sight too.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

It’s nuts...it is not shocking but it is relentless.  MyRadar allows you to layer the maps and show winds-SE on Ontario is getting smoked.  News said won’t let up until 1-3am.  Whoever is a fan of wind, I will never fully understand.  More of a glass half empty in that department because of all the sh*t that goes sideways, both literally and figuratively.

36 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah. I feel usually winds underperform, but definitely not tonight. Snow blowing everywhere is always a nice sight too.

I feel the same here in Delaware County with wind warnings usually busting low, but not tonight!  I need an anemometer because I have no judgement for wind speeds.  You could tell me winds are gusting to 30mph or 50mph and I couldn’t argue.  

Crazy weather here attm. Horizontal snow at times within this lake band and some of the tiniest flakes I've ever seen as a result of the wind shredding them up. When the wind isn't blowing its looks like a thick fog outside...

1066094193_WUNIDS_map(52).gif.26feaf5ea22146861f76b87c34b1380d.gif

938676736_WUNIDS_map(51).gif.e9864596066e56eaaa5a201c6d1721eb.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Crazy weather here attm. Horizontal snow at times within this lake band and some of the tiniest flakes I've ever seen as a result of the wind shredding them up. When the wind isn't blowing its looks like a thick fog outside...

It seems like you guys have gotten snow with every single event this winter, whether it be lake effect or synoptic. We can't keep up.

• Like 2

After winning 13 out of 14 years syracuse has just 1 of the last 5 GSB..I wonder why buffalo refused? Lol

Screenshot_20210302-101412.png

Screenshot_20210302-101250.png

11 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

After winning 13 out of 14 years syracuse has just 1 of the last 5 GSB..I wonder why buffalo refused? Lol

When did Matt move there? Haha. I’ll bet he wants to choke us whenever we make that stupid joke. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Looks pretty warm early next week. Will likely be first 60 degree temps for most. 

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_10.png

gfs-ens_T850a_us_38.png

And almost certainly will spell the end of our snowpack barring more storms after next week, regardless of what might or might not happen this weekend. 

28 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

And almost certainly will spell the end of our snowpack barring more storms after next week, regardless of what might or might not happen this weekend. 

CPC agrees

6 to 10 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability

8 to 14 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

CPC agrees

6 to 10 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability

8 to 14 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability

My early point and clicks for next week has 55 as a maximum high. Wouldn’t be shocked to see that trend up such that we have a few days of 60+. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

When did Matt move there? Haha. I’ll bet he wants to choke us whenever we make that stupid joke. 

Ha! Pretty much ruined it when I moved to Upstate NY for the winter of 18-19.

I'm so over this stupid winter. Had some nice squalls last night, which would be a nice ending...tired of the game playing and trolling that has happened for 4 months.

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

People in Buffalo hate the snow. Everyone national thinks it snows all the time in Buffalo due to blizzard of 77. 

Gfs is kind of a yoyo wrt to temps, everytime it warms up we have a front/trough that swings through the east and cools us down..lol

• Like 1