• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

Um....WTF is up with these winds?  Love it when neighbors put out their trash and recycling bins and are absolutely oblivious to the weather.  I will be cleaning their trash all over my yard tomorrow.  Every single industrial sized bin is toppled and moved.  Fun night ahead in guest room to take one for the team.  Stay safe

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SyracuseStorm said:

Um....WTF is up with these winds?  Love it when neighbors put out their trash and recycling bins and are absolutely oblivious to the weather.  I will be cleaning their trash all over my yard tomorrow.  Every single industrial sized bin is toppled and moved.  Fun night ahead in guest room to take one for the team.  Stay safe

Apparently parts of the Syracuse area have lost power. Crazy gusts going on.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Surprised more people aren't posting about the wind. I'm right on the Mohawk too so it's just funneling in, pretty amazing. 

It’s windy but nothing noteworthy here. This storm track is a little non standard for our area and better for yours.  The forecast did well as your were under warnings and we only have advisories. I’m jealous though! 

16 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

It’s windy but nothing noteworthy here. This storm track is a little non standard for our area and better for yours.  The forecast did well as your were under warnings and we only have advisories. I’m jealous though! 

Yeah. I feel usually winds underperform, but definitely not tonight. Snow blowing everywhere is always a nice sight too.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

It’s nuts...it is not shocking but it is relentless.  MyRadar allows you to layer the maps and show winds-SE on Ontario is getting smoked.  News said won’t let up until 1-3am.  Whoever is a fan of wind, I will never fully understand.  More of a glass half empty in that department because of all the sh*t that goes sideways, both literally and figuratively.

36 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah. I feel usually winds underperform, but definitely not tonight. Snow blowing everywhere is always a nice sight too.

I feel the same here in Delaware County with wind warnings usually busting low, but not tonight!  I need an anemometer because I have no judgement for wind speeds.  You could tell me winds are gusting to 30mph or 50mph and I couldn’t argue.  

5 hours ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Crazy weather here attm. Horizontal snow at times within this lake band and some of the tiniest flakes I've ever seen as a result of the wind shredding them up. When the wind isn't blowing its looks like a thick fog outside...

It seems like you guys have gotten snow with every single event this winter, whether it be lake effect or synoptic. We can't keep up.

• Like 2