• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueValleyHVAC
    Newest Member
    BlueValleyHVAC

Feb 18-19 Storm Obs/Discussion

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Snowing nicely at the route 1 Star Market.

You're certainly making the rounds near my hood today - Gillette, Costco, Star Market - lol.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This board is hugely E Mass ocentric . And that’s understandable since population wise on here it has the largest amount of posters. But a lot of times ideas and forecasts are only discussed there by mets and other areas are ignored or left out. Not always but as a general rule . We have a bunch of S CT Mets and they are great but there’s none for N CT and Ryan generally only comes on to troll me. All folks ask is to share the wealth more often. BOX does the same thing . I suppose it is what it is. 

You’ve been watching and studying model data, mid-levels and soundings now for over a decade... shouldn’t need Mets by this point ;).  Ginxy never asks for a forecast, ha.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You’ve been watching and studying model data, mid-levels and soundings now for over a decade... shouldn’t need Mets by this point ;).  Ginxy never asks for a forecast, ha.

He certainly does . As do you for N VT

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That is true about Steve , he is a veteran 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So you’re saying it’s not E MA Centric?

There are tons of CT posters. I don’t think it’s as heavily biased as you say. I always try to speak on a broad level knowing the audience. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

There are tons of CT posters. I don’t think it’s as heavily biased as you say. I always try to speak on a broad level knowing the audience. 

75% of the time you do

1 hour ago, wxsniss said:

For Boston metro... the irony is we are whitening surfaces more efficiently than the 2/1 storm where we had heavy rates for hours and nothing to show for it.

Great point lol 

44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This board is hugely E Mass ocentric . And that’s understandable since population wise on here it has the largest amount of posters. But a lot of times ideas and forecasts are only discussed there by mets and other areas are ignored or left out. Not always but as a general rule . We have a bunch of S CT Mets and they are great but there’s none for N CT and Ryan generally only comes on to troll me. All folks ask is to share the wealth more often. BOX does the same thing . I suppose it is what it is. 

We loveeee it

• Confused 1

18z euro improved but not up to RGEM/GFS levels. But we watch tomorrow. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

You're certainly making the rounds near my hood today - Gillette, Costco, Star Market - lol.

What about the Johnny's Foodmaster?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He’s generally a vagabond but I believe now he’s in Branford . And he doesn’t really care or put much effort into snow other than looking at NAM and GFS soundings 

Wiz’s map actually matches spot on with reported snow totals so far  

49FF5F32-439A-4925-8565-C0E8648FC0F9.thumb.jpeg.7c947a75c4a90da70fd05be235e4e1d2.jpeg

51 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Here's what i have so far based on all the reports here and from the PNS and NWS 72HR map. Gonna take a break for a while..

02_18.21_jdj_snowfall_totals_pt_1.thumb.jpg.59182bcd63f7d328b5f7225ebe9e501c.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hoth said:

What about the Johnny's Foodmaster?

Lmao we had one here. It’s a whole foods now. Lots off pissed of elderly. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

What about it?  It's been gone for almost 10 years.

Yeah, replaced by a Whole Foods. Was a sad day in Charlestown, let me tell you. 

• Like 1

2.5” at my house in Portsmouth RI my moms house about 4 miles south and was solidly in the better bands had over 4”

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are such a baby. Right now you're under like 5 dbz radar returns. Has your visibility dropped below 4 mile?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, replaced by a Whole Foods. Was a sad day in Charlestown, let me tell you. 

I think Stop & Shop took over some of those stores, too.