Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 18th ?19th?

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ll take a 24hr+ event even if it’s mood flakes at times. Just love the feel of it. 

i feel the same, 6" is 6" to me. I really dont care if it takes 6 hours or 24 hours. The only thing with the super light snow/long duration that worries me this time of year is the white rain factor. A lot of it seems to be focused at night now, asides from the NAM. The bulk of what falls on the HRRR is after dark and before dawn on friday. Not to mention sfc temps will be in the 20s on Thursday for most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

i feel the same, 6" is 6" to me. I really dont care if it takes 6 hours or 24 hours. The only thing with the super light snow/long duration that worries me this time of year is the white rain factor. A lot of it seems to be focused at night now, asides from the NAM. The bulk of what falls on the HRRR is after dark and before dawn on friday. Not to mention sfc temps will be in the 20s on Thursday for most.

Friday won't do much, but annoy Ray..lol. I could see that being an issue. Existing snow maybe ok, but Tip will post about snow sliding off the cars and wet roads for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

I'm not sure how it would snow 6" in 24 hours down here though, it just doesn't happen with temps just above freezing. 

I don't mind some of these depictions with the best stuff just off shore though, at all. All the overperformers (and by that I mean like two systems in the eight years I've been here) here are like that.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Nice. I have already tried to get my daughter into it haha. Posted a few vids to FB.

Get her on a sled and they typically fall in love with its use. Unfortunately, my daughter took a face plant on her first ever ride so she is all set with snow now...just like mom. My son, he wipes out and wants to do it again. Yes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Get her on a sled and they typically fall in love with its use. Unfortunately, my daughter took a face plant on her first ever ride so she is all set with snow now...just like mom. My son, he wipes out and wants to do it again. Yes.

Wife had her out on the sled while I was shoveling out from the December 17th screw job...she loved it.

Son maybe still too young next winter, but def. 2022-2023 season.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Maybe down along the immediate coast for Fri but interior CT looks pretty cold overall. Nam was further nw with the mid level temps fwiw.