• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Back to Back Major Synoptic Snowstorms!

27 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Delta are you in Rochester? I saw a pic from Lyndonville this morning on the local news and the tires on the vehicle in the driveway and the garage door lower panel was covered with what looked to be about 18+” or so, then a FB post from a neighbor who has a friend that said in the same area they received near 2 feet, is this possible?

It's completely absurd and impossible.  We got about 4-5 inches areawide.  Sleet does have a propensity to roll off roofs and make huge drifts in localized areas.  I've been measuring snow every single day this season (when there is snow to measure) and tracked things quite meticulously.   We only have 12" on the ground at the moment, so those numbers are absolutely fiction and hopefully not spread around too much.  The news stations are hoping to save some face so they are probably pumping up those types of reports.  

• Like 3

Hovering around freezing here. As I had thought, I see the higher elevations to the south of Syracuse are nearing 40 degrees. Cold air is settled a bit more here in the lowlands. I think that might be the highest we get around here, as it looks like temps are in the 20s just to the west. Time to get the car cleaned out before whatever moisture is free freezes into an even denser glacier...

37 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Whats the data for this season so far?

The data from my backyard "Snow on the ground stake":

1" or more - 36 days

6" or more - 19 Days

12" or more - 1 Day

We've had 26 consecutive days now with 4 inches or more.  Thats the one that makes all the difference.

These numbers aren't super impressive at face value, but considering the fact that we had virtually nothing going into January we have made quite the turnaround.  

• Like 4

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Weak sauce for C/W NY..A little of that is from today/tonight..

qpf_acc.us_ne (85).png

This winter is back down to a C in my book. Getting burned on this storm and this next one falling apart makes me have to bring it back down to a C. Yeah the sustained cold and some snow has been great but we just can’t get a solid synoptic event to save our lives. Everything is nickel and dime. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

My call for Friday:

1) It stays south and is weak sauce...we get a couple inches.

2) It strengthens and heads due north somewhere directly over a Great Lake.

You joke, but it seems like the last few years this is all that's happens, like it's impossible to get a track from the Deep South through NYC.

It either goes well east, over the 40/70 benchmark and hammers New England, or it goes right over us and we get dry slot and mix.

I'd be interested what the older mets have to say -- are there certain tracks that we just aren't seeing anymore? When's the last time we had a genuine Miller A?

Just now, lakeeffectkid383 said:

This winter is back down to a C in my book. Getting burned on this storm and this next one falling apart makes me have to bring it back down to a C. Yeah the sustained cold and some snow has been great but we just can’t get a solid synoptic event to save our lives. Everything is nickel and dime. 

There ya go.....welcome to what the ENTIRE winter has been like here in these parts. Welcome aboard. :P 

• Like 1

Just now, PerintonMan said:

You joke, but it seems like the last few years this is all that's happens, like it's impossible to get a track from the Deep South through NYC.

It either goes well east, over the 40/70 benchmark and hammers New England, or it goes right over us and we get dry slot and mix.

I'd be interested what the older mets have to say -- are there certain tracks that we just aren't seeing anymore? When's the last time we had a genuine Miller A?

Oh, I was only partially joking. It's really been the trend...and like the only two options.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Ok, since the subject of driveway clearing types came up...here is mine, freshly snowblowed.  No help from my Supervisor either.   Losing ground out near the mailbox but it's a glacier there....

And its snowing again. Real flakes.  How odd.

Screenshot_20210216-111344_Gallery.jpg

Beautiful dog, looks like togo. 

• Like 2

6-7" in Getzville this morning. More than I thought there would be after hearing the sleet pelting my window in the early morning hours.

Hopefully Thursday night at least hits as an advisory for WNY before the gradual melt starts next week. 

• Like 2