Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 13-14 Event

The Iceman

2 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

Uhh I care? What kind of question is that. I don't need to go anywhere but the news was saying and people were asking here if the daytime would be OK. The consensus was yes. Can't even predict the weather a day in advance LOL

Again, who cares? Think about yourself.

"But the news people were saying"....c'mon now.

• Weenie 1

Just now, BBasile said:

I only use the NWS, so can't comment on any other forecaster, but this is what I saw from Mt Holly:  A chance of snow and sleet before 2pm, then sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 28.  

Weenie radar shows it snowing here, but alas...lol. Still holding out hope for sleet. Sounds like south of us they're getting more sleet under the heavier returns.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Weenie radar shows it snowing here, but alas...lol. Still holding out hope for sleet. Sounds like south of us they're getting more sleet under the heavier returns.

lol.  I'd love a big sleet storm.  Haven't had one of those in forever.  The killer rain?  Not so much.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

Uhh I care? What kind of question is that. I don't need to go anywhere but the news was saying and people were asking here if the daytime would be OK. The consensus was yes. Can't even predict the weather a day in advance LOL

Mt. Holly’s WWA went into effect at 1 pm EST fwiw

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Media Delaware County 26 humidity 63% dew point 14 wind NE steady light freezing rain all surfaces caving to skating rink especially those that wouldn’t be affected by any at all sun we are losing that now though. 

I was supposed to be in Wallingford this evening but cancelled. Not much is going on here, sound different down your way. Did I make the right decision to bail?

18 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Temp is down to 28 but still no ice accretion on any surfaces. Should serve as a caution for those expecting big ice this week with marginal temps around freezing... 

How do you expect to get ice excretion with barely any thing coming down.  I was in the freezing drizzle earlier and as my wipers wiped the rain it froze immediately on the edge of my wind shield 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

How do you expect to get ice excretion with barely any thing coming down.  I was in the freezing drizzle earlier and as my wipers wiped the rain it froze immediately on the edge of my wind shield 

It's been a steady mist the last 2 hours, streets, car, deck, trees all wet. No accretion.

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1