• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

Quick Hitter Obs/Nowcast, Feb 7-8th

Wow what a band that is down south. Congrats. It’s coming down nicely in Hampton Beach now. The dog is happy we got the whole damn beach to ourselves! 

473E1015-4AB7-4331-ACD6-972C66609B1F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

They are usually even worse up in ORH county. For years when I forecasted full time, I always had to slice anywhere from 4-8F off model 2m temps (and sometimes more in the correct setup) during winter wx events. 

Yeah .And the thing is unless you’re a met or weather geek or someone that lives in the area and understands the Climo , you likely aren’t gonna know to do that. I know it’s even more magnified in ORH county , but I can look at stuff around here and know what needs to be corrected . 

Between 6 hours today and 12 hours on the last one, I've had 18 hours of snow, and about 3 inches in total.

Currently 1.5" and pixie dust in subsidence.

Maybe will actually get some growth as the band passes through and then this is over, especially now that temps have dropped. *Shrugs* I just booked 3 days in the adirondacks. I can't take this all winter.

Trying to make one last push northward but you can see the steady shunt east going on 

image.gif.c84edbae35d49a5484b9019e5da990cf.gif

• Like 1

Just outside with the pup. His first real snow. Consistent 2-2.5"/hr rate over the last couple hours here in Southie. Added another inch in the last 30 min. 5.25" total. Flakes a little smaller but seemingly heavier/reduced vis. Temp has dropped a degree to 30 in the last half hour.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My fear is that super band we’ve been waiting for is going to move through here rather quickly and not have the staying power it has in other areas 

Yeah the jack will be under that band.