Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

21 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It is very much a back yard game to most of us. I care what my yard gets and MDT measures.

Otherwise, it doesn’t matter to me what the rest of you measure! 

I have already accepted that @Cashtown_Coop will always win!

I was thinking most of Lancaster county had picked up as much or more than him this winter.  Maybe I am off with that thought. 

45 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@losetoa6

I just read the comments in the Mid Atlantic thread & you should not put up with that nonsense!

Like I said earlier, please post here in our friendly group!

Its funny how some consider PSU and Losetoa6's environment as seemingly Green Bay Wisconsin like.   All the somewhat illogical discussion down there and the best defense for "stick a fork in it" is that today's is the last day of Met winter.  No mention of that.  LOL.  Early Spring has been pretty much cancelled by all the medium range models including for those in the MA. 

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@losetoa6

I just read the comments in the Mid Atlantic thread & you should not put up with that nonsense!

Like I said earlier, please post here in our friendly group!

Seriously - some of those comments are in horrible taste. It saddens me to read that stuff...

I hope some of them are shoveling snow up to their arses in the coming weeks.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The Mid-Atlantic forum is the most unfriendly, exclusive one of this whole forum. We in the Upstate NY forum often joke and chuckle about their winter demise...mostly because they're just so ugly.

Agreed. Don't even try to give them a compliment. They will flat out ignore you if you are from another region. My true region is here in Central PA as I fall under CTP's cwa, but the Philly forum has no problem with me posting over there as I live a scant 5 miles from the county line with Carbon, which is in Mt Holly's cwa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Agreed. Don't even try to give them a compliment. They will flat out ignore you if you are from another region. My true region is here in Central PA as I fall under CTP's cwa, but the Philly forum has no problem with me posting over there as I live a scant 5 miles from the county line with Carbon, which is in Mt Holly's cwa.

My brother and his wife live in the Pottsville/Orwigsburg area. That area could easily fall under CTP, PHL, or NYC forums.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The Mid-Atlantic forum is the most unfriendly, exclusive one of this whole forum. We in the Upstate NY forum often joke and chuckle about their winter demise...mostly because they're just so ugly.

By a long shot. I made a totally innocuous post couple years ago to someone who was moving to VT (or getting a second house maybe) with some general info on climo and a link that I thought would help and someone posted right after "don't get why people from different regions are still coming in posting". Something along those lines. I certainly wasn't popping in to rub in some big snow dump.  

• Like 1

1.16" of rain for me yesterday.  Sump pump is not running so that is a win ha.  My February totals check in at 4.21" liquid and 18.2" snow.  Seasonal snowfall sits at 33.4".  Looks like we dry out for the extended period, with a couple splashes of anomalous cold mixed in.  Should be pretty boring for the foreseeable future but we'll see if March throws any surprises at us, she usually does.

39 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wind Chills near 0F tonight.  And its trash/recycle night in these parts.  If my neighbors get Morningstar cardboard boxes in their yard again they may freak out on me. 

Not a good night for hauling spring water... :shiver:

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hopefully roads dry so no ice.  

It's not the roads, it's the loads. Unlike hazardous liquids, or even food grade like chocolate or sweeteners, water is not as "touchy" with the loading and unloading process. Therefore, it's much easier to get wet, especially when unloading. Sometimes the trailer doesn't completely empty out, and we sometimes get a leg bath when we pull the hose.

Now we could close the valve when we detach, but if we were to forget to open it back up and it freezes shut, were screwed and can't reload until we thaw it back out.

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

It's not the roads, it's the loads. Unlike hazardous liquids, or even food grade like chocolate or sweeteners, water is not as "touchy" with the loading and unloading process. Therefore, it's much easier to get wet, especially when unloading. Sometimes the trailer doesn't completely empty out, and we sometimes get a leg bath when we pull the hose.

Now we could close the valve when we detach, but if we were to forget to open it back up and it freezes shut, were screwed and can't reload until we thaw it back out.

Ah, got ya.  Sounds terrible when its cold. 

20 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I recommend you start hauling chocolate and deliver to my house. kthnx 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1