Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Discobs 2021

George BM

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Getting harder to protect that pack.

Want it to melt now. Made it to a month. It’s a slushy mess now. Time to go.  At this point it’s about chasing some dynamic March event. Doesn’t have to be 20”, I’d track something that’s only like 8-10” so long as it’s a thump of heavy snow like that late March 2014 storm that was 8” up here.   Cold smoke storms and pack building season is over. Either give me a dynamic wet SN+++ event or I’d prefer 60s and hitting the rail trail. 

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

WET.

Moderate to heavy rain now. 42. Gross day.

Right at an inch, including what fell Friday night/early yesterday.

Yes over an inch here in cape May. Guess I am really paying for those 2 Nina winters where the beaches scored. Two half inch events this winter and one half inch all of last winter. Glad you did better this winter. 

6 minutes ago, Redmorninglight said:

Yes over an inch here in cape May. Guess I am really paying for those 2 Nina winters where the beaches scored. Two half inch events this winter and one half inch all of last winter. Glad you did better this winter. 

Yeah its been pretty lean since then. I was at Rehoboth beach for both of those events and had a blast.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

My numbers for Feb 2021...

Total precip for the month was 4.93 inches vs a normal of 2.59 inches, a + 2.34 above average and 4th wettest on record. There were 17 days with measurable, 4 days with a 'T' and 7 dry days. Wettest day was the last, the 28th, with 0.72 falling. Total snowfall for the month was 11.7 inches vs a normal of 7.5 inches, a + 4.2 inches above normal. There were 7 days with measurable, 8 days with a 'T' and 13 days with no snow. Snowiest day was on the 7th with 3.3 inches falling. There were 13 days with measurable snow on the ground, deepest on the 1st with 5.0 inches. The average high for the month was 41.3 degrees vs a normal of 46.7 degrees, a -5.4 below average. The warmest day was the 25th with a 65.2 degree reading. The average low for the month was 24.9 degrees vs a normal of 23.5 degrees, a +1.4 degrees above average. the coldest temp recorded was on the 21st with 10.4 degrees. The overall averaged temp was 33.1 degrees vs a normal of 35.1 degrees, a -2.0 below average.  The highest wind recorded was 44 mph on the 3rd. Two new records, a new daily snowfall record (1.8 inches) on the 1st and a new daily rainfall record (0.72) on the 28th.  Overall, a cooler, wetter and snowier month than a normal Feb would provide. Records from October 1979.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1