• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Aqua-Docs
    Newest Member
    Aqua-Docs

February Discobs 2021

47 minutes ago, T. August said:

Be careful about parking on slopes. You can see where I parked it last night, and what I walked out to this AM. Slid back 20’ and only stopped because it hit the lawn.

I think this happened to me as well.  I opened my window this morning and looked at my car and it was pretty clearly behind where it was parked before.  There was a clear outline of snow with my car about 6ft behind it.  I was baffled.  

• Like 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I think this happened to me as well.  I opened my window this morning and looked at my car and it was pretty clearly behind where it was parked before.  There was a clear outline of snow with my car about 6ft behind it.  I was baffled.  

It creeped me out lol. That’s the only way I can describe it.

Barometric pressure fell here in the past 48 hours from 30.62" on Sunday morning to 29.69" this morning.  Winds should start ripping this afternoon when it recovers.

3 hours ago, T. August said:

Be careful about parking on slopes. You can see where I parked it last night, and what I walked out to this AM. Slid back 20’ and only stopped because it hit the lawn.

10A30F3D-599B-4C4C-A7D6-E5DD658C745E.jpeg

Yep, had same happen to me back in winter 09/10, slid about 20-25 feet from where I parked the night before...

• Like 1

lwx.png&key=795e0c4f5ed93e91e337762e1f69634f100efd2d509b1c4e1916763b865ac41d
Interesting, never seen a wind advisory two counties wide that has no ridge along its axis and it only last for 4 hours.  Potomac River wind tunnel/channel from 2-6 pm tomorrow.

Have been patiently awaiting out of curiosity. I’m 1.4 miles west of the Potomac as the crow flies.

Lost some snow pack today. Some grass starting to come through in spots. Average of probably 3 or 4 inches left on most of the yard. Not expecting much left by Friday

24th day of Snow-cover. Crazy.

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Have the frozen highlands of northern Carroll hit 32 yet?

It was 44 when I left an hour ago. In Baltimore for vaccine shot.  Snow was holding on ok. It’s compacting but it’s so thick not melting easy.

When I arrived home from work this afternoon the snow cover was still "shining" from the glaze on top.  Wife just came inside from being out and said excitedly that she saw a patch of grass.  Still 46 degrees at this hour with massive melting going on.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Didnt think it was supposed to get that cold last night.  26 when I left . Everything a block of ice again. 

Yeah I’m sure the snowpack and relatively clear skies helped maximize cooling but it’ll be short lived. The melt will be on in a couple hours :sun:

Got down to 23 this morning.  Snow pack is frozen so hard, I had to slice at the top of it with a metal ruler to be able to penetrate it to get a measurement.  3.5" depth.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Currently 28, light frost. With today's forecasted high of 64, the last few sad, small sleet piles that remain in the shadows will be toast.

33 and I can hear the faint screams of the last few tiny sleet piles in the shade as they head for the plank.  P&C high is 64 but think we easily beat that under full sun.

• Like 1

Hopefully the last of the slop pack melts off today and we can get some dryness. I need to till my garden plot in the next couple weeks so I need dry. I don't care if it's warm dry or cold dry. Just need dry. It's been a swamp for 2 years and I'm totally over it. This tropical environment is killing off my oak trees too. I guess I should replace them with palm trees.

• Like 1