Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

CTP keeps lowering totals. Some places may lose warnings at this rate. 

Nobody knows what to do with the coastal. Honestly it will be real time on what happens. I feel bad for those in there having to choose a forecast right now. But I wouldn’t just drop numbers like every 4 hours either. 

Just after 4:00pm it continues to snow lightly to at times moderately here in Carlisle.  The heavy stuff an hour ago only lasted about 15 minutes before diminishing.  At 4:00pm I measured 0.4" of additional snowfall bringing the storm total to 1.4".  The temp has dropped further down to 26.4 degrees and the dew point is 24.0 degrees.  Nice to read some encouraging news after the gloom and doom earlier.

At 5:00pm in Carlisle, light snow is falling after spending about 30 minutes moderate and about five minutes heavy (lol).  All of that added up to an additional 0.4" over the past hour.  Storm total now at 1.8".  Temp 24.8.  Man, the GFS really cranks up the CCB over the LSV early tomorrow morning. 1"/hour+ rates for over 6 hours.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  I wonder if NWS will have to bump their numbers back up again? haha

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

That's why I kept my expectations in check for this storm. They're calling 6-10 inches here now. Hilarious when you see bigger places calling 12-18in lmao in the morning they bumped up totals to 10-14 but then later today 6-10

It’s a roller coaster with CTP... I sure their forecast will change five more times before the event is done. The results will probably be right around where they started out earlier today.

• Like 2

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

At 5:00pm in Carlisle, light snow is falling after spending about 30 minutes moderate and about five minutes heavy (lol).  All of that added up to an additional 0.4" over the past hour.  Storm total now at 1.8".  Temp 24.8.  Man, the GFS really cranks up the CCB over the LSV early tomorrow morning. 1"/hour+ rates for over 6 hours.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  I wonder if NWS will have to bump their numbers back up again? haha

I was thinking the same thing. How awesome would that be. Verbatim GFS less mixy in LSV. 

I’m huggin.