Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

7 minutes ago, yard-stick said:

Hello all...its snowing hard now up here in NEPA @ 2000ft elevation on the Luzerne/Schuylkill county border.  Roads got snow covered in minutes.  This is looking like the real deal this time!   

No joke, the flakes are dime sized here in Tamaqua. Same up there?

The hour 48 frame on the Canadian is what I was referring to in my post a few minutes ago about the banding & what @Itstrainingtime was just mentioning about lots of moving parts, etc.

The location of the best bands will ultimately decide who jackpots with the higher amount and who “settles” for closer to 10 inches of snow.

828B4180-5910-4C6D-89CC-D4C427D058B5.png

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Bottom line - still not the time to make definitive statements either way. Lots of moving parts. Tomorrow will bring surprises...where and how will be a nowcast. 

No doubt. And honestly, I would be overjoyed if that latest NWS forecast verified out here. 

At 1:00 with cloudy skies and a few occasional flurries my temperature is 28.0 degrees with a dew point of 23.9 degrees.  Since 10:30 I have recorded an additional 0.2" for a storm total so far of 0.8".  I had a brief, 10 minute long period of moderate snow with good size flakes.  That's where the 0.2" came from.  Radar continues to show a snow hole remaining over the western 2/3rds of Cumberland County.  I'm still waiting for the southern edge which is down along the Adams/York County lines to move north and fill in.  Hopefully in the next hour it starts back up in earnest.