Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Enjoy the storm folks. Looks like the second blockbuster event for you this winter. We're staring down another big bust south of Mason-Dixon. If it's not the mix line, it's a dry slot.

Thanks EJ. Everything is real time now at the very least and all is in play as far as concerns. Good luck to you down there. 

20 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Should we be concerned about the latest NAM run?

I would not it seems most models have trended this way. I think now Tom Russel map was right. Big lean East and north with the heaviest. Kind of unreal two for two this year showing big amounts then as the storm is starting fades. Still happy with what we get but think more in the 4 to 8 range around Harrisburg, Lancaster, York .

1 minute ago, paweather5 said:

I would not it seems most models have trended this way. I think now Tom Russel map was right. Big lean East and north with the heaviest. Kind of unreal two for two this year showing big amounts then as the storm is starting fades. Still happy with what we get but think more in the 4 to 8 range around Harrisburg, Lancaster, York .

So would you discount the EURO? And I should say why? Outside of one run the EURP has been the most consistent model for this storm. 

• Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

I think yes but I’m a moron. 

I know i will be called a debbie downer, but there have been a lot of signals for this to have huge bust potential. I think a lot of people are underestimating that 1 inch of QPF spread out over 36 hours when temps are at least somewhat marginal could lead to huge bust issues.

1 minute ago, paweather said:

So would you discount the EURO? And I should say why? Outside of one run the EURP has been the most consistent model for this storm. 

I would say look at what is going on right now and the radar. I know the coastal could really impact you guys later, but the NAM pretty accurately showed what is going on right now.