Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Jan 31 to Feb 2 Winter Storm

MAG5035

17 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I mean, we do but it is fairly quiet compared to this one and we are kind of stuck in geographical no man's land.

I'm not trying to be a PIA, but just pointing out the issues with this system.

All good ya Debbie :D

I was always “worried” about the big waa totals as soon as the earlier transfers started showing. Still a decent event for many. 

12 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Here is the latest from CTP updated 10:36 am.

For the Harrisburg area, I could live with 13 Expected inches and a High End chance of 20!

8DC2AB28-7C3C-4DDD-8A89-1F2943EA4CD6.png

697A06A5-0AE9-48DB-B935-6C2DD12B2568.png

Thanks @Blizzard of 93.  I can take 13" up to possibly 19".  For me here it started snowing around 9:15 and was almost a heavy fine flakes.  That lasted about an hour and then it nearly stopped.  I picked up 0.6" so far.  It is just now starting to snow lightly once again.  The big show is really tomorrow.  We shouldn't be judging tomorrow's outcome with today's reality.  No one can be certain where the CCB chooses to set up.  If that low is really only 50 miles off of Ocean City that would strongly argue the CCB setting up somewhere in central and or eastern PA.

Oh, I forgot to mention my temp is 26.6 with dew point of 23.0 as of 11:20am.

• Like 1

Just now, paweather said:

CMC is a more easterly adjustment now as well from yesterday 12z STILL good amounts but you can see the trends now for the CCB it is heading east. I hope it gets fixed back west.  

The Nam, CMC and RGEM all show it starting to transfer again tomorrow evening and I am convinced that is robbing some of our potential for a far reaching deform band.  Similar to the way a cluster of storms can rob from areas around them. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

The Nam, CMC and RGEM all show it starting to transfer again tomorrow evening and I am convinced that is robbing some of our potential for a far reaching deform band.  Similar to the way a cluster of storms can rob from areas around them. 

Yeah I agree. It is that second transfer that wasn't there in earlier model runs. Let's hope the EURO stays the course.