• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

I am not sure if this analogy even makes sense. But it does in my warped brain. 

Weather is a lot like making a good fire in some ways. Like a roaring dynasty fire. You need to place the logs the right way, make sure they aren't a little wet etc. You can get a fire really going with the right ingredients, but no matter what the fire dies down without more fuel or ingredients. 

This is sort of the way I think about 'days and days of snow'. It's just not going to happen 99.99% of the time. This is where Ray thinks it's gonna blow the load SW. It's going to burn itself out and roar down there and then leave us with an occluded mess. We don't have the logs the fire by the time it gets here. 

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I am not sure if this analogy even makes sense. But it does in my warped brain. 

Weather is a lot like making a good fire in some ways. Like a roaring dynasty fire. You need to place the logs the right way, make sure they aren't a little wet etc. You can get a fire really going with the right ingredients, but no matter what the fire dies down without more fuel or ingredients. 

This is sort of the way I think about 'days and days of snow'. It's just not going to happen 99.99% of the time. This is where Ray thinks it's gonna blow the load SW. It's going to burn itself out and roar down there and then leave us with an occluded mess. 

The wild card is that deep layer easterly fetch....you don't need insane mid level dynamics....Dec 1992 tucked wayyyyy in near LI, occluded, and still kicked back 3-4" of QPF.