Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 26-27 light snows

ORH_wxman

Just now, Spanks45 said:

what a shredded mess out this way, hopefully we get some Nam like backbuilding later this evening...eyeballing a half inch here, temp is hanging around 27.9°, so not melting for a bit...every storm so far this year has been less than modeled and forecasted

hard to believe that this Jan is actually worse than Jan 2020 but here we are. Its looking likely that ill finish this entire month with around 1".

3 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

what a shredded mess out this way, hopefully we get some Nam like backbuilding later this evening...eyeballing a half inch here, temp is hanging around 27.9°, so not melting for a bit...every storm so far this year has been less than modeled and forecasted

yeah coating here with pine needles falling now-very poor snow growth-RGEM and Euro had 3-4 inches for here yesterday while the NAM never bit (and will end up fairly close)

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

hard to believe that this Jan is actually worse than Jan 2020 but here we are. Its looking likely that ill finish this entire month with around 1".

and all will be forgotten if we somehow get January and Februarys averages combined in February this year....

Just now, Brian5671 said:

yeah coating here with pine needles falling now-very poor snow growth-RGEM and Euro had 3-4 inches for here yesterday while the NAM never bit (and will end up fairly close)

the Euro at 12z had almost 4 inches here....what a fail. On thing I have noticed, anytime I have been on the edge, meaning within maybe 15-20 miles of the cutoff like less than 1 inch, then in reality that is what ends up occuring....details it seems

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I thought guidance looked iffy there...even yesterday we said soundings were tough on the s coast. The DGZ was dry...and that was further N and E. 

I’m not sure what they’re worried about. First part always was 1-3”. Then you tack on another 1-3” into Thursday . Some do even better. The event lasts into Thursday. Yelling bust now? Not following 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

and all will be forgotten if we somehow get January and Februarys averages combined in February this year....

i agree with that. Dec had the biggest snow storm of my life for that month and if feb and mar can pull me to at least 30". If not 40+ id forgive Jan and call this winter a B or higher. Im likining what im seeing on ensembles for the Feb 02 storm. 

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_us_26.png

Picked up an inch here....some snow grains at the moment not doing much.  Lol days and days turned into 2.5 hrs.  At least the ground is covered and it’s cold...27 degrees so no melting.  Hopefully we get some back building as Will mentioned.
I’d like to get 3” total from this..that would be a good lil Event to get us started.  

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You can def see the snow shield kind of slow down in eastern MA/RI....hopefully that helps with some backbuilding later. ALmost all short term guidance shows it happening across CT this evening. Esp 5-7pm.

Jan26_4pmRadar.gif.08328b10137041b16763cae050a9fafe.gif

There’s literally nothing worse or more angering than people whining and busting when the event has barely started. It makes people want to not participate . Hate it

• Weenie 3

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s literally nothing worse or more angering than people whining and busting when the event has barely started. It makes people want to not participate . Hate it

Kev, chill out.  The radar doesn’t have too much heading this way currently.  Maybe it back builds in?  If it does that’ll be nice. I picked up a solid 1” maybe a bit more..all snow.  We’ll see what this evening brings. If this is about it, then it’s a bust for sure. Not calling it that yet, but we’ll see later.