Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 24-26th Potential Something Part 2

Chicago Storm

2 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

next time know what you're talking about first, before trying to claim an lol victory. see above.

That’s why I shut up.  I ain’t bright enough with this stuff to post predictions or what ifs.  I’ll leave that to the people who understand this better than I.  

now if you want to know how to allocate your 401k, I got you.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

channeling your inner angrysummons here.

yes, everyone did know the storm was going to shear apart with eastward extent. i'm not sure there is anyone here that didn't believe that. however, the trend for the storm to end up further northwest in the plains due to additional ridging (in part) is not something that was originally modeled...and is part of why it is shearing out faster as it heads east.

please share your crystal ball next time.

Red flag when folks we're saying it was looking farther north/w at 42 hrs last night but it wasn't translating east..

214.gif

we need RC to pop in for emotional support. Despite some of the needless trolling 5-8 or 6-10 was always sort of my thoughts. Hopefully, we can hold tight or get a bump up before commencement. Didn't really see anyone in here booking 12" +. And hard to call underperformer of overperformer 24 hours before the event is to begin.

Will be curious to see what the character of the snow is like.  Will it be that heavy, wet stuff that plasters very well to everything or stuff that is fairly dense but a little less good at plastering.  I am leaning toward the latter.  If surface temps were near freezing, I'd be more inclined to go with the heavy plastering, but it looks like mostly a 30F or colder snowfall here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Will be curious to see what the character of the snow is like.  Will it be that heavy, wet stuff that plasters very well to everything or stuff that is fairly dense but a little less good at plastering.  I am leaning toward the latter.  If surface temps were near freezing, I'd be more inclined to go with the heavy plastering, but it looks like mostly a 30F or colder snowfall here.

LOT yesterday:"THE SNOW TYPE WILL BE A WETTER ONE, WITH RATIOS IN THE 7:1 TO 10:1  
POSSIBLY ALL THE WAY THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT. TUESDAY SHOULD SEE  
RATIOS INCH SLOWER UP UNDER COOLING MID-LEVEL PROFILES. WITH  
NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING TO 30 MPH MONDAY NIGHT (NEAR 40 MPH  
POSSIBLE NEAR THE LAKE), THIS SEEMS LIKE IT COULD BE THE CHARACTER  
OF EVENT WHERE WET SNOW IS PLASTERED ON SIGNS/STOPLIGHTS/WINDOWS."

Just now, Baum said:

LOT yesterday:"THE SNOW TYPE WILL BE A WETTER ONE, WITH RATIOS IN THE 7:1 TO 10:1  
POSSIBLY ALL THE WAY THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT. TUESDAY SHOULD SEE  
RATIOS INCH SLOWER UP UNDER COOLING MID-LEVEL PROFILES. WITH  
NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING TO 30 MPH MONDAY NIGHT (NEAR 40 MPH  
POSSIBLE NEAR THE LAKE), THIS SEEMS LIKE IT COULD BE THE CHARACTER  
OF EVENT WHERE WET SNOW IS PLASTERED ON SIGNS/STOPLIGHTS/WINDOWS."

I know that Ricky's thoughts were higher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

i refuse to back it a 3rd time, just in case.

Are we gonna consider Mon/Tue as the "storm total" at ORD?  Not that it's a big deal but let's say 9" occurs on Mon/Tue and then 1.3" or something on Wed/Thu with lake effect.  That would bring the 4 day total to 10.3" but it would feel cheap to call that a 10" storm. 

• Like 2

Euro is nasty. Forecasting half the totals that were originally forecast yesterday, even when including the first system. That’s a pretty remarkable drying on that model. I’d love for the GFS to be right, but it stands alone in bringing solid snows to the Mississippi. The trends have really screwed E IA in the big snow department.

• Haha 1

Just now, hlcater said:

Euro is nasty. Forecasting half the totals that were originally forecast yesterday, even when including the first system. That’s a pretty remarkable drying on that model. I’d love for the GFS to be right, but it stands alone in bringing solid snows to the Mississippi. The trends have really screwed E IA in the big snow department.

You've done well on every storm, I'm sure you'll do pretty well on this one. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Are we gonna consider Mon/Tue as the "storm total" at ORD?  Not that it's a big deal but let's say 9" occurs on Mon/Tue and then 1.3" or something on Wed/Thu with lake effect.  That would bring the 4 day total to 10.3" but it would feel cheap to call that a 10" storm. 

I'm betting we won't have to worry about that. 

• Like 1