Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

32 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Our pack isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. We’ll have some warmish small events but other than that...I see a good month ahead from a pack and storm perspective.

I do like where we stand. I am at 32.4" for the season, not exactly sure what my seasonal average is here, 40-50"? But we should be able to at least pull seasonal averages at least. The pack has leveled off to about 10 inches and its pretty solid as well.

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Can't recall saying specifically "inland runner", but you can never rule out change over to rain like the ICON showed yesterday where the SLP runs up over E MA.

I think hugger was what was being mentioned earlier when some of these runs several days back showed those possibilities before they lost the storm all together.

Just now, dryslot said:

I think hugger was what was being mentioned earlier when some of these runs several days back showed those possibilities before they lost the storm all together.

And a hugger is still in the envelope.

If Kevin refers to an "inland runner" as something that cuts west of Albany, I doubt that scenario.

Any storm that crosses land in SNE (outside CC/Islands)  is "inland" to me.  Is it over water?  no.  A hugger, as well, is over water, not over land.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, not fair to say anyone had a bad call on this. The storm didn't just trend east, it basically fell off the plots altogether it was so suppressed.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

If Kevin refers to an "inland runner" as something that cuts west of Albany, I doubt that scenario.

Any storm that crosses land in SNE (outside CC/Islands)  is "inland" to me.  Is it over water?  no.  A hugger, as well, is over water, not over land.

Another big move like the NAM just made and it'll be a PF to Phin track.

• Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I do like where we stand. I am at 32.4" for the season, not exactly sure what my seasonal average is here, 40-50"? But we should be able to at least pull seasonal averages at least. The pack has leveled off to about 10 inches and its pretty solid as well.

We’re in the 45-50 range if you take the last 20yrs. 

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I have always thought this and i agree, Even in a fast flow other wise it would be a cutter.

-- Two vaguely coherent systems out there actually .. The 8th, now on life-support, and as of 00z the Euro introduces the 9th more aggressively than prior runs - and apparently something's up with the 06z Euro? 

Not sure which feature is in discussion regarding the 06z Euro.  

Scott's right - whatever happens of either of these two systems they are in and out with rapidity.  The compression/speed saturation doesn't lend the other way. Could be sprayed by several 1-3 or 3-5" ers over the next 10 days.

I wouldn't even be shocked if the 8th came back, and 9th pancakes S again... Fast flow with high sensitivity for latitude placement based on utterly invisibly subtle physical exertions, means that positioning these 'events' in space and time will require shorter lead to gather confidence in what happens and where. 

-- I mentioned later in the evening last night about the 11-15th event period of interest..  As is typical at this sort of deep range, whatever is triggered in that range, in models, is wobbling spatial-temporally .. ranging to other models not having anything.  I have seen it back closer to the 12th, 13th ...18z GFS had a juggernaut centered on the 14th... 00z, bombs eastern NE with a ferocious cyclone through the Harbor.  These are variations that - to me - appear tapping into the emerging general numerical instability ..not necessary honing ( duh ) anything necessarily real. But there may be tremendous baroclinic gradient between 35 and 45 N .. left in the wake of next week's -EPO cold soak/compression flow.. Rather classical, regime change then offers correction event potential.   Last three night's tele progs at CPC indicate the -NAO renewal ..and most op. and their ens means flag west limb variant ...  whilst the PNA tandem rises in the GEFs mean to ~ +1 SD...  telecon convergence ... 

But first we deal with these smaller synoptic perturbation ... and keep dreams alive that one over-produces.  I don't think the ceiling is too high in this regime-like pattern incoming because aforementioned compression not allowing for differential processes to unfurl ... but, who knows - the ICON solutions from the other day, while obviously unlikely, didn't formulate in a physical vacuum of forcing in that guidance so it shows that nothing's impossible. Or like this 12z NAM run ..heh.. but, the NAM's patented NW bias beyond 48 hours of 10 years ago ...I don't know if that tendency has somehow been corrected and that smacks as that. It's like this in this maddening type of flow construct - yin and yang pro and con head game.