• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

We had 5 minutes of "heavier" snow, literally a dusting. Tonight same deal.  Looks to continue like this for 10-12 days (basically till Feb), until the GFS rams it home with a cutter deluge to kick off Feb in style.

Days are getting longer at least. Hopefully an early Spring. 

Yup...been a disaster of a synoptic year. Looking at models, it looks "yaaaawn" but at least there is snow over us. I saw New England with NO snow through the end of the month. I haven't checked out their sub at all today, but I'm assuming there's gnashing of teeth.

• Like 1

Always a lot of hype for Ellicottville and  Holiday Valley (well deserved) but really happy for Kissing Bridge in Colden. That will be such a huge help for their ski season in a year not so great for snow sticking around. A wetter more dense snow will compact and really solidify the base m, even through warmups 

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

I'm waiting till 9 am to measure. Fake snow here usually amounts to window dressing so its of passing interest, to me anyway.

My fake snow from 12/29 has melted/compacted down to 2-3 inches.  This 4 inches overnight is a nice freshening of the snow cover. 

9 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

At 8 AM I measured 3.9 inches of snow and 0.18 of liquid. That gives a ratio of roughly 20:1. The snow looks to be just about over but probably enough fell in the last 45 minutes to put us over 4 inches for the event. 

I just measured...4.7" and 0.19" melted. 24.7:1 ratio.

• Like 2