• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Canadian looks great for roc area fri sat. Gives .4 to .6 precip. Verbatim would be 8 to 12. With 20 to 1 ratios. Nws did say thats what there ratios would be so potential is there for it to add up quick.

image.thumb.png.a5655f0c0019a700b99fb2a6a1f2f0fd.pngNot a bad set up. That’s what we need. The kink in the isobars is a nice addition. As always, we’ll be fighting the dry but the lake has still gotta be warm. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

GFS is close but too far south still

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_18.png

It appears it’s in its own and we’re now approaching 4 days out...starting to get close enough to think the Canook, Euro and the Royal (Ukmet) are all on to the track. GFS will get there. One thing you can always count on is the GFS to sniff out the storm, then pivot several times only to come back to what it once showed. 

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

Look at UKIE picking up on Ontario enhancement. These are great tracks for the thruway communities. Could Rochester get lucky finally?

Will I have to mail an apology letter to BufWeather for dismissing his January excitement? Lol

Full run to 144 of UKIE. 

ACEF8E86-3A1F-42EE-9F61-613FD30A6685.png

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

GFS unusually impressed with east of Ontario tonight through Saturday morning. Big time totals on the tug. I’ll be at Snow Ridge and Brantingham- so on the near the tug. Snow Ridge’s vertical is the eastern drop off of the Tug, do you’re not really ‘on’ it. And Brantingham is in the western foothills of the ADK’s. Lowville is in the valley, between the two and receives MUCH less snow than either. Whetstone park is just NW of Snow Ridge and is truly on the Tug. It’s one of the only accessible areas from the east side. Last March I went there and they had 2.5 feet of pack. Lowville had about 4”. 15 miles apart. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Look at UKIE picking up on Ontario enhancement. These are great tracks for the thruway communities. Could Rochester get lucky finally?

Will I have to mail an apology letter to BufWeather for dismissing his January excitement? Lol

Looks like the GTA are the winners with the enhancement shown by the Royal family.

• Haha 1

A little run to run movement is bound to happen as the ensembles show different LP placements in the clustering. The GFS went way south in one run and is slowly correcting itself back north. I actually just caught one of the Mets on TWC and he was actually discussing this very storm for next week and showed both models...he stated the Euro is giving them more confidence at this time over the GFS because of the run to run consistency. As long as the ensembles don’t drastically change we should be looking at some kind of an event.

• Like 2

Gets put into the shredder as it heads east. The farther west you are the better I think with this storm. The NE forum was praying for -NAO for years and years and they finally get it and its blocked every storm the last 6 weeks there. Blocking isn't the end all be all with winter storms. A lot needs to come together for it to work. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thinksnow18 said:

A little run to run movement is bound to happen as the ensembles show different LP placements in the clustering. The GFS went way south in one run and is slowly correcting itself back north. I actually just caught one of the Mets on TWC and he was actually discussing this very storm for next week and showed both models...he stated the Euro is giving them more confidence at this time over the GFS because of the run to run consistency. As long as the ensembles don’t drastically change we should be looking at some kind of an event.

The GEFS is pretty far south too. I highly favor suppression over amped. In 2 weeks I favor amped though, think we get into a more cutter pattern again. :lol:

22 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

image.thumb.png.70ac750d5204ae3afe2bf5da9b008a8f.png

I recall a storm or two with similar snowfall distribution...where Chicago gets a dump and on east. Doesn't happen every winter but not unprecedented by any means. Need kind of a bowling ball moving more easterly than northerly obviously.

• Like 2