• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

33 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

We went on our honeymoon 11 years ago and my wife got sick going to and from the resort lol. Last year we rented a car and that was much better. This year you cant rent cars becsua of Covid so we'll see this goes. I agree, this is our favorite island. St Kitts is a close second.

i've only been car sick once in my entire life and it was on the ride from the Sandals resort on the North end of the island back to the airport.  I'm not sure what it is about those roads and tour buses, but damn... 

28 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

i've only been car sick once in my entire life and it was on the ride from the Sandals resort on the North end of the island back to the airport.  I'm not sure what it is about those roads and tour buses, but damn... 

Yep that’s the same ride we were taking. The driver had to pull over for my wife and luckily did so at one of the many roadside bars where we all topped off on pitons. 

47 minutes ago, Luke_Mages said:

Yep that’s the same ride we were taking. The driver had to pull over for my wife and luckily did so at one of the many roadside bars where we all topped off on pitons. 

I always joke that I said the word piton over a hundred times when we were there. Those things go down so easy.  

• Like 1

LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
1 PM EST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow expected. Total snow
  accumulations of 6 to 11 inches in the most persistent lake
  snows.

* WHERE...The Eastern Lake Ontario Region. Greatest snowfall
  amounts on teh Tug Hill Plateau.

* WHEN...From 1 PM this afternoon to 1 PM EST Friday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous
  conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

So glad it’s on our side because the patsy kline GFS is living up to her namesake 

The good news is that if we get the usual shift north in track as game day approaches, we may be reasonably well  positioned for the system early next week.  Model trends the next 2-3 days will be interesting. Hopefully recent trends as to the strength of the blocking up north, turn out to be overdone.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Once again the rgem is more than double any model around here.. Becoming hard to trust it.. Ironically last event it had hardly anything here..

Nws obviously isn't buying it. 

qpf_acc.us_ne (58).png

We can still hope it wins one time lol.  I always thought it was a pretty good model for LES in the past.

• Like 1

Just now, swva said:

We can still hope it wins one time lol.  I always thought it was a pretty good model for LES in the past.

It is especially with band placement IMO.. Precipitation amount are hard to trust on any model to be honest.. Last event I actually followed the Global models for band placement and it worked out pretty good..

Gfs for example gives us a nice dose of snow overnight into tomorrow afternoon, inch line practically to pulaski.. Here's hoping lol

qpf_acc.us_ne (59).png

• Like 1