• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Malcolm M
    Newest Member
    Malcolm M

January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

Primary in N KY and moving due west.  Still snow from about ezf and north.  At 111

Just now, jayyy said:

It can be 20-25 degrees and be pouring sleet. Trust me. As somebody who grew up in the mix zone NW of NYC, it happens enough. Saw a nasty sleet storm up there in the early 2000s and it never got above 30 

I get it. I've had sleet with temps in the teens back in the 90s. They were storms driving in,from the west though.  My point is with a low bombing off the coast I generally would have better temps upstairs in these situations. Atleast In my BY. I'm pretty far west.

Just now, stormtracker said:

confluence is a touch better at 108 but not sure it's going to give us the goods this run

Nope, it’s a mix up here at 120

GFS not going to get the job done. Upper energy looks baggy and transfer too late to the coastal. We get waa front end and that is all. 

• Like 2

Nobody on this board should be taking the GFS seriously with how it has performed lately.  If the Euro ends up being even remotely close its the King for a reason

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Chris78 said:

I get it. I've had sleet with temps in the teens back in the 90s. They were storms driving in,from the west though.  My point is with a low bombing off the coast I generally would have better temps upstairs in these situations. Atleast In my BY. I'm pretty far west.

I have had a couple of situations with frz. Below 20 degrees.  Super cad. 

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

Para looks a bit colder. Heavy snow breaking out at 108 sw va and moving toward the dc crew.

Heavy snow at 114

Dry slot at 120

• Like 1

Amazing how different the evolution at 500 is than the Euro.  Vort on the GFS is robust/closed over the plains but then opens/weakens as it heads east.  Euro has a much stronger vort.

• Like 1

GFS transfer still gets Norther Maryland into some of the costal snow.. let's see if it stalls there

1 minute ago, Quasievil said:

GFS is a hot steaming pile of garbage. See y'all tomorrow.

Trended slightly south. It will line up with the King soon enough.

Para gets the primary almost to Chicago before sliding east..don’t think that will work out to well other than some front end snow.

GFS was trying to figure out where the transfer off the coast. Looked 300 miles off shore then pulled a Lee Corso and said “Not so fast my friend”

• Like 1