Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

9 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

You guys should look into precious metal juniors with your play money, they're going to take off soon, that's how I made most of my nest egg.

Funny story was in late March I bought JNUG for dirt cheap after stocks and juniors crashed and gold fell fast . I knew interest rates and inflation was on my side but I just didn’t have the patience to watch that ETF more than 3 weeks. Too bad, it returned 300-% (Even w fees)  between late March and July 4 but I barely broke even . I was too spooked that Covid suspending mining was going to hurt the profits of the gold stock that the etf tracked (never thought the market would lift all boats that much )

Was definitely wrong about GME selling off .  Mid P.m it looked ready to go as it went from 350$ to 250$ steadily thou from noon till 2pm....but then ....it bounced and held and moved to settle at 325.  Very impressive in my opinion. Big balls l

Robinhood borrowed 1 billion to give collateral to clearing houses so it could successfully settle all the transactions.  I be ieve the volume of Game stop 200  strike call options expiring today  (that finished worth over 10K per contract) was 100 Thousand!  and 100 strike calls and 150 and 250 all had huge volume that finished each worth 25K to 7K and there were another 100,000 of those i believe. 

Looking at next week's call option volume 800 strike is the most popular LOL (you basically  make money when closing share price is over strike price) 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Was definitely wrong about GME selling off .  Mid P.m it looked ready to go as it went from 350$ to 250$ steadily thou from noon till 2pm....but then ....it bounced and held and moved to settle at 325.  Very impressive in my opinion. Big balls 

What’s next week looking like IYO?

Its just freaking mind blowing that as early as last week on say a Thursday  morning (Game stop was trading around 40$) and hadn't moved much in a week...

you could have bought a (game stop)  call option with a  80 strike expiring today for about 50 $ per option/ contract .   For every dollar game stop stock is above your strike price...at expiration date .. you add 100 to the value of your option. (the odds of your option finishing in the money at time of purchase was supposedly like 1%-which is why it was so cheap--i.e  lets just say it wasn't anticipated to double and MORE ) .  That option today expired worth 24,000 for every 50$ option you decided to buy.  WSB has many many new Millionaires as anyone who held to expiration cashed insanely huge. Volume of those options was other worldly some definitely bought  100's and 100's of options. 

5000$ in options made 2.4 million

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Its just freaking mind blowing that as early as last week on say a Thursday  morning (Game stop was trading around 40$) and hadn't moved much in a week...

you could have bought a (game stop)  call option with a  80 strike expiring today for about 40 $ per option/ contract .   For every dollar game stop stock is above your strike price...at expiration date .. you add 100 to the value of your option. (the odds of your option finishing in the money at time of purchase was supposedly like 1%-which is why it was so cheap--i.e  lets just say it wasn't anticipated to double and MORE ) .  That option today expired worth 24,000 for every 40$ option you decided to buy.  WSB has many many new Millionaires as anyone who held to expiration cashed insanely huge. Volume of those options was other worldly some definitely bought  100's and 100's of options. 

4000$ in options made 2.4 million

Can’t wait to see the movie. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

What’s next week looking like IYO?

No idea what next week looks like.

I mean  you just try and think about possibilities and risk/rewards.

How long can this go on for unless something tyranical is enacted. They showed they had steel balls and didn't fold /sell on a Friday of options expiring and they have no intention to let this go down or sell. Just buy and hold. 

I liked the risk reward of Puts this afternoon because at 3;10 pm i could have bought a 240$ strike on a put for 75$. IF the stock  sold off in last hour from 320 to 180 i would have made been in the money for 60$ and that's  6000$  on  one measly 75$ put contract  ....it didn't lol but this was due more to WSB psychology than any fundamental price for the stock and i would roll the dice on that rare opportunity any day of week. I mean ..from noon today till 2pm the stock did fall from 350 bucks  to 250 so it wasn't a wild idea

I wonder if any new stock may run next week. Options prices have responded to the madness and become wildly expensive on the 3 main WSB stocks.......seems just a select 3 stocks GME/KOSS/AMC ran big today and WSB's abandoned the others to get the win on those. EXPR also still has a good looking chart but didn't finish near weekly high but was up 30% today from yesterdays close.  If Monday has  a down day then options prices may look more favorable (and stock prices in general 

BB stock was pimped by WSB but that fell today and never quite gained the volume the others had. I would likely just look for new Retail stocks that are new  volume outliers as the week goes on.  You need HUGE Volume to push these up big

Was definitely wrong about GME selling off .  Mid P.m it looked ready to go as it went from 350$ to 250$ steadily thou from noon till 2pm....but then ....it bounced and held and moved to settle at 325.  Very impressive in my opinion. Big balls l
Robinhood borrowed 1 billion to give collateral to clearing houses so it could successfully settle all the transactions.  I be ieve the volume of Game stop 200  strike call options expiring today  (that finished worth over 10K per contract) was 100 Thousand!  and 100 strike calls and 150 and 250 all had huge volume that finished each worth 25K to 7K and there were another 100,000 of those i believe. 
Looking at next week's call option volume 800 strike is the most popular LOL (you basically  make money when closing share price is over strike price) 

Please review GNUS for me. Very frustrating to hold this stock.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Please review GNUS for me. Very frustrating to hold this stock.

IF your just holding /owning the stock and not talking about buying options...i don't see the harm in holding it another week or two and seeing  if the madness spreads out again to more retail stocks or just stays among a tighter core. It's not more than 10% above where it was a month ago so you aren't going to lose much from these levels. 

What did you buy it at....and how much

IF your just holding /owning the stock and not talking about buying options...i don't see the harm in holding it another week or two and seeing  if the madness spreads out again to more retail stocks or just stays among a tighter core. It's not more than 10% above where it was a month ago so you aren't going to lose much from these levels. 
What did you buy it at....and how much
Cost avg $2.11 with 7600 shares. Been holding almost a year. Popped to $11 last year then tanked. Should have sold weds at $3 but it's hard knowing when to get out. I'd certainly sell at $10 if it pops again. They do have a legitimate business plan but ceo keeps diluting and kills the run up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Favorite Netflix shows this year were

Ozark (far and away)

Cobra Kai  ( much better than i thought it would be )

Tiger King  and Yellowstone  (completely different but one was entertaining and the other had good acting and story line)

watching nightstalker.. interesting show also

9 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

watching nightstalker.. interesting show also

I do need a new one, what is nightstalker about

I constantly get recommendations from 50 year old ladies i work out in Lexington , Mass. Usually just garbage like the life of some Women in 1950's Europe struggling to make it....I'm seriously   all for people making it against the odds,.. but i need action/  Usually something relatively modern, not Very Politically correct and i can go from there. 

I just began watching Superstore (not that you care) and it's dayum riot

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I do need a new one, what is nightstalker about

I constantly get recommendations from 50 year old ladies i work out in Lexington , Mass. Usually just garbage like the life of some Women in 1950's Europe struggling to make it....I'm seriously   all for people making it against the odds,.. but i need action/  Usually something relatively modern, not Very Politically correct and i can go from there. 

I just began watching Superstore (not that you care) and it's dayum riot

superstore is funny.. nightstarlker is the opposite, basically its a documentary about a serial killer in CA in the 80's brutal.. if you are into that.. I like crime shows.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

superstore is funny.. nightstarlker is the opposite, basically its a documentary about a serial killer in CA in the 80's brutal.. if you are into that.. I like crime shows.

I would probably like that.  Those intrigue me. 

I really thought that Zac Effron pulled off Bundy very* well and that story is very interesting to me. Horrifying but intriguing. Just the mental make up ...and trying to get to the bottom of whether Ted was born like that or if he had a very disturbing childhood that contributed,   he has some interesting theories on why he went into a downward spiral  and the final actual Jail interview talking about his victims (in what seemed like was a moment of truth) was surreal and chilling, especially when asked  about one of his last victims.   Most of those people fascinate me,  i mean Dahmer....he is very forthcoming in all his interviews ...these folks are all emotionless...so they are able to explain themselves very clearly....it's like tuning into someone operating on a different frequency, I find psyhology very interesting. 

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I always felt like I needed to take a shower after watching Ozark.  Such awful people.  Great show. Amazing writing

My wife and I had started the first few episodes of Ozark like over the summer 2019, but ended up cancelling Netflix as part of our budget. Then I cut the cord because cable was insane, and now have Netflix back (plus nearly every other streaming service for ~$100 cheaper per month). I think we've got to get back into it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoth said:

It's amazing to me that AMC hasn't collapsed despite a debt to equity conversion and what, two capital raises in the last few days?

It’s not like WSB is driving these up based on any semblance relating to determining valuations . They are buying and holding .Period. 

I thought AMC would stay down after the initial punch from the debt offering(s) . Nah 

• Like 1

It’s not like WSB is driving these up based on any semblance relating to determining valuations . They are buying and holding .Period. 

Yeah, I'm just thinking that with probably 100 million plus new float and various platforms restricting purchases to small lots, it's rather remarkable how resilient it's been. Makes me wonder what happens next week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Unpopular pick: long dated IWM puts.

One thing I’m watching also is the transports , after lagging into early stages of the stock rally , they had been leaders since exploding around early June . Sort of a under reported index . 

I like watching them and Small caps for trouble ahead but valuations and price discovery have been so distorted (all last fall and this winter ) prior to game stop madness that one just assumes MMT and or the Fed will increase assistance and stocks will be bid up magically . It sounds silly but really 

When IWM was 25% above its 200 day M.A i was anticipating a pullback but that 200 day is rising as the small caps have paused . Also leading smaller innovative companies in our transitioning technological economy are playing more of a role than usual bc the story is more weighted to that narrative and growth stocks which plays right into easy money policy and investors seeking big returns and looking for them there .

• Like 1

One thing I’m watching also is the transports , after lagging into early stages of the stock rally , they had been leaders since exploding around early June . Sort of a under reported index . 

I like watching them and Small caps for trouble ahead but valuations and price discovery have been so distorted (all last fall and this winter ) prior to game stop madness that one just assumes MMT and or the Fed will increase assistance and stocks will be bid up magically . It sounds silly but really 

When IWM was 25% above its 200 day M.A i was anticipating a pullback but that 200 day is rising as the small caps have paused . Also leading smaller innovative companies in our transitioning economy are playing more of a role than usual bc the story is more weighted to that narrative and growth over current earnings there. 

I'm watching DXY. If that trends reverses, things could get interesting in a hurry.

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

I'm watching DXY. If that trends reverses, things could get interesting in a hurry.

Definitely , that played out in September. 

This is really sorta just silly season between monetary policy , a pandemic that may just hang around (or restrictions due to the variant du jure) social angst Morphing Into different forms every month , and perhaps MMT taking hold and innovative technology moving quickly .

Next week will be interesting , WSB is just a crazy manifestation of varying parts of society being done with things as they are , as they have been and they are not particularly caring too much  what comes about as long as existing power structures "burn baby burn". 

Reminds me A little bit of the scene in the dark knight, when the joker is explaining he can’t be bought or sold or bargained with , money is not his motivator , Chaos is. . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Cost avg $2.11 with 7600 shares. Been holding almost a year. Popped to $11 last year then tanked. Should have sold weds at $3 but it's hard knowing when to get out. I'd certainly sell at $10 if it pops again. They do have a legitimate business plan but ceo keeps diluting and kills the run up

Wow, massive dilution occurred last year. I would get out of this n thing ...and there is probably a decent shot you get even money next week>  it was 2.13 at open today and probably  a shade higher at 8am. Just get out....so many better companies to put your money. You gave them a chance i wouldn't hope for 3 or 4 next week. Certainly can't blame you for holding this week given WSB's was turning dung into gold but  Just cut it at close to even money now IMO. 6 to 8 am may offer your best price given it's had decent volume for early morning trading.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

You guys should look into precious metal juniors with your play money, they're going to take off soon, that's how I made most of my nest egg.

6 hours ago, amarshall said:

I bought SLV yesterday just because I thought WSB was going after it. Ha

Precious metals are a perennial potential moonshot but also the biggest threat to the global, fiat currency, financial house of cards.  Cryptos are trying to take their place but let's be clear, if gold and especially silver, shot up like GameStop or AMC it is party over to Global financial systems as we know them.   I'm a little torn about cheering that scenario on because a lot of hurt would occur to a lot of people in the short term.