Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,540
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Newest Member
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Joined

Winter Banter and General Disco 2


dendrite
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

You need not care for short sellers, but they actually do serve an important role in price discovery, uncovering corporate bad behavior, and providing liquidity. It does not bode well for the markets generally when you have such a one-sided bullish slant. 

One thing I never do is short a stock, if I buy 10k worth of abc stock and it goes to zero I lose 10k, if I short abc stock there's no limit to where it can go even if its a crap stock. Good way to lose a lot of money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Those  Face time phone calls he makes on twitter .. to use the funds raised to give closing businesses money to continue on ..  is also a pretty damn cool thing to watch-  (Genuinely a very heart warming thing to watch )   on his twitter feed. There has to be over 25 of em . 

Yea one was a little Italian restaurant a couple towns over from here and a dance school just over the Mass border, cool to see him doing that with his platform

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DavisStraight said:

One thing I never do is short a stock, if I buy 10k worth of abc stock and it goes to zero I lose 10k, if I short abc stock there's no limit to where it can go even if its a crap stock. Good way to lose a lot of money.

Yep, for that reason I tend to stick to long-dated puts if I have the conviction to be short. At least I know what my maximum loss is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Retailers falling fast now after hours . I don’t have a huge problem with this WSB ban , bc it wasn’t going to end well for the broad market which connects to almost everyone - even indirectly . I don’t think many understand what was at stake as contagion spread and I don’t think many would like the knock on effects of said contagion once the genie is out of bottle . Sort of like how the effects of Covid lockdowns ripple , this market contagion would threaten to ripple And destabilize and that is good for no one , it *could go much further * than several stocks going sky high . That would be ugly for many wether you own stocks or not.  

 

There are other forums to organize- so it probably will - 

Yes, many unsuspecting innocents have their money tied into the market without even knowing it and a full economic crash would make the hardships of the pandemic seem like a day at the park.  However, Wall Street has become a casino and if a loose group on Reddit can coach people how to best game the house and they get banned for it, maybe it is time that house burned down.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yes, many unsuspecting innocents have their money tied into the market without even knowing it and a full economic crash would make the hardships of the pandemic seem like a day at the park.  However, Wall Street has become a casino and if a loose group on Reddit can coach people how to best game the house and they get banned for it, maybe it is time that house burned down.  

If the house is burnt down...when the house is put back together..it will be done so by folks who will not be from WSB's and their ilk, the new house would have stricter rules , much more poverty and probably a pretty impressive surveillance system. I wouldn't roll the dice on the new house being the same or better.  The new house may be named "the Great reset" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If the house is burnt down...when the house is put back together..it will be done so by folks who will not be from WSB's and their ilk, the new house would have stricter rules , much more poverty and probably a pretty impressive surveillance system. I wouldn't roll the dice on the new house being the same or better.  

Oh' I know,  I just don't like the fact that the rules are obviously favoring the big institutions.  Why can't smart people get together and challenge TPTB?    

That's why decentralized platforms are the next in line for strict governance.  Cryptocurrencies will eventually be labeled as "the tools of criminals and terrorists".   Ethereum etc are dangerous in the eyes of the central banks.  When Reddit starts to get hard throttled we are already in the Panopticon. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BrianW said:

WSB is still up and running on reddit. I just checked on the reddit ap. Its members are up to 3.8 million now as well. 

Zero Hedge had a tweet about the amount of new members and then added up the amount of capital form their stimulus checks

Stimmy Checks probably won't be going out soon to fuel this retail trade .  I wanna see if the WSB's Mods have changed their tune or been "got to " lol . The Prime  stocks going hard to the moon via WSB appear to still be GME/AMC/NOK/BB/. All the premiums on the call options are pretty pricey.  The crazy think is how stocks are tripling in 3 days or so ....i mean ..i couldn't find decent priced calls in most of those names. 

I have been looking to see if anyone is having trouble "cashing out" their call options that are very deep in the money ... Like are brokerage funds holding up their end of the deal regarding current prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Zero Hedge had a tweet about the amount of new members and then added up the amount of capital form their stimulus checks

Stimmy Checks probably won't be going out soon to fuel this retail trade .  I wanna see if the WSB's Mods have changed their tune or been "got to " lol . The Prime  stocks going hard to the moon via WSB appear to still be GME/AMC/NOK/BB/. All the premiums on the call options are pretty pricey.  The crazy think is how stocks are tripling in 3 days or so ....i mean ..i couldn't find decent priced calls in most of those names. 

I have been looking to see if anyone is having trouble "cashing out" their call options that are very deep in the money ... Like are brokerage funds holding up their end of the deal regarding current prices.

BB and Nokia actually have some long value potential.  Not so sure about GME and AMC. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

I did an lengthy analysis of BB in business school and came away thinking the same as you.

but it’s not the reason I bought it- lol

Are you long any retail options recently in the casino

If SP 500 index loses 3715 Tomorrow, then we go to 3670 and below that we unwind a bit faster to lower resistance...which would probably open up some decent buying potential. 

A  JPM head analyst was saying a lot of folks with short retail exposure (are liquidating to pay for mounting losses) and selling their long positions (winners)  to do so. SO if the Retail  boom/fun continues , it seems decently related to the unwind of levered long positions and the fall of the broad indexes. He was on CNBC so he was playing it down a little as far as "when will this end" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Don’t they own more patents than anybody? 

They own a ton of good ip ya and they have good recurring rev’s. But that was like 8 yrs ago- haven’t looked at it since.

17 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

 

Are you long any retail options recently in the casino

Lol no options with personal money- I have a family. My bubble basket is just amc and bb right now and I’m just in for fun. I liked it more @ close than now. This whole storyline is just so absurd.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If mods are OK with it, I feel strongly about starting a separate, no politics(!) market thread in the SNE forum since people want to talk about it.  I don’t like to clog up the general banter thread.  

Thoughts?  

I tried and got shot down- granted I have no real credibility here as a poster so... But I for one promise to behave if we are given the go ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, I jumped on the BB sale this morning myself.  Got in at 20% down. 

Volume went extremely wild on a broad range of Retailers yesterday, I think the Core WSB's plays will maintain super high volume while others might have been fleeting (NOK/BB/) look juicy to me.  I'm also looking at the possibility some sell off Friday to book profits ahead of Options Exp. and see another major run early next week.  Just guessing. Im gonna watch more than post for a bit ( errr try to)

 

Saw a headline on market watch saying AMC AND  GME is getting throttled...lol its 390 and up 11% hahha. AMC is down from huge stock offering 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Volume went extremely wild on a broad range of Retailers yesterday, I think the Core WSB's plays will maintain super high volume while others might have been fleeting (NOK/BB/) look juicy to me.  I'm also looking at the possibility some sell off Friday to book profits ahead of Options Exp. and see another major run early next week.  Just guessing. Im gonna watch more than post for a bit ( errr try to)

 

Saw a headline on market watch saying AMC AND  GME is getting throttled...lol its 390 and up 11% hahha. AMC is down from huge stock offering 

For the novice, the additional stocks in the market likely caused the dip?  Sort of like a dilution?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Yes. 

Great time for companies to take advantage of cash raising opportunities by providing a new offering of stock at these prices. 

Understood.  Glad I saw this.  I'll hold for a little while longer.  Unfortunately, I need to sell because this absurdity is not conducive to productivity at work.  I can be checking NOK prices in meetings and then get called on to respond to somebody's concerns about a project we're working.  :wacko:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...