Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I Think the GME and AMC folks may be more reluctant to sell (at least till Thursday late day or Friday ) bc they seem more like the WSB’s disciples but that’s just a weakish guess

Options Exp is going to be WILD Friday . I would be tempted to get out now if I had big gains . 

Yeah, I mean AMC was like $4 yesterday at this time. That's a nice return in all of 24 hours.

The entire market is so long call options and margin debt is at record levels that ..if you get 2 days of say 3% plus SP 500 falls (we hadn’t had back to back 2% falls in months !) the broad market could see margin calls and sort of get into a little liquidation state That is disruptive. We saw that in March w Covid as market was very leveraged last February . Not saying anything like that but things are shaky right now and the system isn’t built on concrete . 

I mean , even as broad market is tanking today , retail stocks are flying . Not sure how you stop this 

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m not a big stock guy... but isn’t trading platforms halting or suspending trading on GameStop and such literal collusion?

It kind of seems like a deal where the hedge fund folks don’t like having the tables turned and now the rules are being changed to bail them out.

The entire thing is so manipulated and rigged that it's pretty hard to have any faith in it. It's not the place to be if you are worried about losing the money or have a long outlook. It's a house of cards long overdue for a massive collapse. Then the usual suspects will come out and claim to have seen it coming. In the old days, these snake oil salesmen used to travel between towns on a wagon. Now they have Twitter "advice" columns and post on Reddit.

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m not a big stock guy... but isn’t trading platforms halting or suspending trading on GameStop and such literal collusion?

It kind of seems like a deal where the hedge fund folks don’t like having the tables turned and now the rules are being changed to bail them out.

i hear what your saying , but nobody is  being bailed out here.  options expire on Friday and then is when the pain is sorta finalized for this first week. Volume on AMC which was halted on such brokerages continued to climb today to over A BILLION.... .  Game stop got so expensive that ...many people are getting priced out...

15 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

i hear what your saying , but nobody is  being bailed out here.  options expire on Friday and then is when the pain is sorta finalized for this first week. Volume on AMC which was halted on such brokerages continued to climb today to over A BILLION.... .  Game stop got so expensive that ...many people are getting priced out...

I guess bailed out may be the wrong phrasing... but is halting trading not allowing the price to go even higher?

So basically, the losses are being capped at what they are?

I don’t know, seems like a case where the rich are stomping around because they are being beat at their own game.

Aint so fun when the rabbits got the gun.

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I guess bailed out may be the wrong phrasing... but is halting trading not allowing the price to go even higher?

So basically, the losses are being capped at what they are?

I don’t know, seems like a case where the rich are stomping around because they are being beat at their own game.

Aint so fun when the rabbits got the gun.

The stock is 350.. those who bet against it or shorted it even thru yesterday with a significant portion of their funds are belly up...maybe not large investment firms that can borrow infinitely to keep up with margin calls... but so many have had to force liquidate their positions if they shorted.  If they can get it back down to around 100 by Friday close and cut all those other (rapidly growing list of retail stocks  by half)  by the time Options expire Friday...than losses can be salvaged for some... large institutions who shorted. But, when market closes Friday that's when options losses are solidified for the week for everyone.... Not sure how this take down  could/will  happen or if panicked people on friday just sell to book profits if stocks fall a bit and they are spooked , if that doesn't happen .. Worst case and sorta tinfoil ... the Fed and some huge too big to fails collaberate with their  unlimited ammo and short the heck out of these stocks in volumes that overwhelm the growing retail army and bring back what stability we had . could not be public info as it would open up a ton of litigation by those who went long, but an act like that could sorta be justified to keep the market from being very destabalized.. in the interest of national security.  Very interesting 2 days left in week. 

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The stock is 350.. those who bet against it or shorted it even thru yesterday with a significant portion of their funds are belly up...maybe not large investment firms that can borrow infinitely to keep up with margin calls... but so many have had to force liquidate their positions if they shorted.  If they can get it back down to around 100 by Friday close and cut all those other retail stocks  by half by the time Options expire Friday...than losses can be salvaged for some... large institutions. But, when market closes Friday that's when options losses are solidified for the week for everyone.... Not sure how this take down  could/will  happen or if panicked people on friday just sell to book profits if stocks fall a bit and they are spooked , i f that doesn't happen .. Worst case and sorta tinfoil ... the Fed and some huge investment banks go all in with unlimited ammo and shorted the heck out of these stocks in volumes that overwhelm the growing retail army and bring back what stability we had .

I guess my question is why do we care about people who shorted the stock losing money? Too bad for them. 

If I invest 1k in a company that goes belly up tomorrow and I lose all my money, nobody is going to bat an eye.

Shorting a stock shouldn’t even be allowed. You shouldn’t be able to bet on or leverage the downfall of any particular company. Seems to undermine the whole purpose of having a stock market.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I guess my question is why do we care about people who shorted the stock losing money? Too bad for them. 

If I invest 1k in a company that goes belly up tomorrow and I lose all my money, nobody is going to bat an eye.

Shorting a stock shouldn’t even be allowed. You shouldn’t be able to bet on or leverage the downfall of any particular company. Seems to undermine the whole purpose of having a stock market.

nobody does care about them per se...nobody really is protecting them .

The issue is that ... this  "short squeeze" is happening in such gigantic numbers and record breaking speed and spreading so beyond Any history of shorts losing money ..and sucking in so many people so fast..and spreading now to about 40 stocks.....that stocks are  hitting "fake" silly  levels ..i mean no justification at all...the real issue is that this is  destabilizing  the broad market, that is the real concern...In my opinion . I don't believe it is that far from being a national security issue.  We will realize more when we see how the broad indexes respond tomorrow.  This is a very heavily leveraged market....heavily leveraged markets can unwind fast. It does nobody any favors if the market falls 10% in the next two days because it's spooked and to add even in rapidly falling market today ...the destabilizing forces gained steam 

Look at NAKD brands now. up 500% on day...lol 2.2 Billion shares traded.