• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 1-2 Kitchen Sink Obs/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

2.0" of icy crap-o-rama here with 0.93 liquid equivalent. 0.2" of ice accretion after the 2" of snow and sleet. I also had about 0.2" of ice accretion two nights ago, so there was 0.4" total glaze. Fortunately only some twigs and small branches came down and no power issues.

Glad to see a decent little 5-8" event for the north country since they largely missed out on the big storm two weeks ago. 

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Did you guys up north that got 2” or more melt today or did it stay below freezing? Not Phin or Freak who are in their own microclimates. I mean normal locations. 

Not sure where you are taking about specifically, but got 1.5" of glop here and its still here. Got up to 35F

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Did you guys up north that got 2” or more melt today or did it stay below freezing? Not Phin or Freak who are in their own microclimates. I mean normal locations. 

1.6” here and nothing really melted...it just compacted a bit during the freezing rain and sleet. The high was only 35.7°.

8 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Perfect base builder 

Yeah just what was needed.

Had 5.5” at home with no board clearing but I bet there’s a good shot of water in that.  The snowbanks definitely look like they have the heft.  Got really windy this afternoon up at the mountain but 1500ft was showing mostly in the 6-7” range.  Upper mountain was very similar, not much change at all with elevation, which is normal in synoptic events.

Looks like MVL snuck up to 33F for a high but then dropped pretty fast this evening into mid-20s now.

Overall I think this event was pretty well modeled and fit my thinking of a dense 4-7” locally with ratios under 10:1.  Pretty classic SWFE style.

16 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Topped out at 31°F yesterday with minimal sun only as it was setting. It’s all still here in the Champlain Valley. 

• Thanks 1