Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

21 hours ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Please tell me you’re joking 

For northern VA? No, I'm sure you'll see lower but for Cary, NC. 

In the accuweather forecast though (nothing of value for sure) I was surprised it did not show any mini cool/cold snap which is kind of unusual. 

Could be all different next week.

Read where the CPC is predicting 70% chance of weak La Nina from November through January.  Weak La Nina's, generally speaking, are much better for the southeast than moderate or strong La Nina's.  Years with weak LN's that produced bouts of wintry weather in the Southeast include 95/96, 83/84, and 00/01.  Interestingly, 10/11 and 84/85 were moderate LN years and those were pretty active winters for the SE.  Who knows.  Not sure what I will see next...A SE snowstorm or a Clemson touchdown.   

• Like 6

Driving out of Charlotte to Concord at 930am today... man did it look hazy. That 85N drive in the am has the sun in your face. It's basically due EAST on 85 from Gastonia to the 29/49 split past Sugar Creek. I'm so sick of humidity and mosquitoes!!! 

Any signs of a nice cold front soon? 

On 8/2/2021 at 10:14 PM, LakeNormanStormin said:

Could really use the rain over here by Lake Norman.

Driest summer in the five years I've lived here.

Looks like we miss out on most of the precipitation this week as well.

Ditto here in SW Concord on the Harrisburg/Concord line. I really observe the radars especially in summer and something strange this year. Seemed like Highland Creek and NW Cabarrus from about 85 and points N got the rain. It's like 85 has an invisible wall that just didnt budge much this year. I honestly sat on my porch and with the quietness of nighttime could hear the hum of the wind and rain of nearby storms but nothing.  Strange. 

If you study satellite maps of NE Charlotte into Cabarrus, a TON of tree canopy has been wiped out in last 15yrs. The Speedway area has no trees. Burton Smith and Concord Mills BLVD were clear cut for all the stuff in that area. 485 saw clear cutting. And the industrial parks around Concord Airport saw more loss of trees. Tree canopy and loss of it changes an area and I think were seeing some proof of this recently in this area. Just my 3 cents. Good luck on rain in LKN.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 85snowline said:

Driving out of Charlotte to Concord at 930am today... man did it look hazy. That 85N drive in the am has the sun in your face. It's basically due EAST on 85 from Gastonia to the 29/49 split past Sugar Creek. I'm so sick of humidity and mosquitoes!!! 

Any signs of a nice cold front soon? 

Nope, no sign of a good strong front. The haziness is from the smoke from distant fires.

• Like 1

Well the big cooldown for next week has become much less of a cooldown. For our area the forecast has gone from the low 70's for highs and low 50's for low to upper 70's to around 80 for highs and lows in the low 60's. Better than now but not the cooldown I was hoping for. Guess I will have to wait for Oct.

1 hour ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

This solution says prolonged chill upcoming 

http://twitter.com/ScottSabolFOX8/status/1439920530673569792

The GFS and the euro are both showing something similar to this. The GFS has been bouncing this around for a few runs. Also this type pattern matched the telleconnections.