• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Upstate/Eastern New York

47 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Hoping the Canadian solution holds fast. Pretty much as a cold NW flow for like a week with light LE.

Yeah, just noticed that too. Quite a big difference on the overall pattern between GSS and Canadian for such short lead time. GFS looks “ridgy”, dry and relatively mild all next week while Canadian has a trough, close to average temps and like you said some light snow chances. So either early spring feel next week or a winter vibe. Hopefully the Euro sides with Canadian. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Yeah, just noticed that too. Quite a big difference on the overall pattern between GSS and Canadian for such short lead time. GFS looks “ridgy”, dry and relatively mild all next week while Canadian has a trough, close to average temps and like you said some light snow chances. So either early spring feel next week or a winter vibe. Hopefully the Euro sides with Canadian. 

GFS is all over the road...the 6z and 0z had huge cutters at the ends of their run and huge cold dumps over the east...the 12z says yeah I’ll just keep it zonal...

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

So a half inch maaaaybe on Friday night and then an inch on Sunday.

Workin' our way towards average.

Don't worry tug, I got you!

https://backyardsnowstorm.com/store/SnowSpider-Snow-Gun-p111638291

Oh wait, it never gets below 32 degrees around here to even make snow!

It looks quite a few people have the same idea as you, Sold Out! :lol:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Don't worry tug, I got you!

https://backyardsnowstorm.com/store/SnowSpider-Snow-Gun-p111638291

Oh wait, it never gets below 32 degrees around here to even make snow!

It looks quite a few people have the same idea as you, Sold Out! :lol:

Yeah, the cold front went through last night and our temp dropped to above average.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Maybe @DeltaT13 Can put one of these together for you in his lab tug.

Forecaster Snow Gun

No thanks. He'd probably rig it so that the snow blows out with Gale force/Hurricane force winds.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, the cold front went through last night and our temp dropped to above average.

No thanks. He'd probably rig it so that the snow blows out with Gale force/Hurricane force winds.

Thats a great add on!  A drifting mechanism.  First it lays down a mound of snow and then its whips it into 10 foot drifts!!!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

The rivers around here don't even freeze anymore

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I went to Adirondacks in late February earlier this year and wanted to ice skate on the rivers there. They are usually the first to freeze. I went out there and nearly fell in because the ice was so thin. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I went to Adirondacks in late February earlier this year and wanted to ice skate on the rivers there. They are usually the first to freeze. I went out there and nearly fell in because the ice was so thin. 

Is it that the ice was thin or that your biceps are so heavy, the ice couldn't handle you?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

Actually there are spots down south that are getting more snow than us. West Texas is getting hammered. 

489B0D45-1CB0-4865-8C75-7D5C13359559.png.604c280d2d780d0871d752f59aac7cb7.png

I did a cross-country road trip over 10 years ago and stopped at diner in Ozona. Chicken-fried steak. Greens with bacon. Piece of pie. The whole bit. Enjoy the snow, folks.

13 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Nam of course is colder with very little rain verbatim..lol

LP goes right over you. Snow to Sleet and then dry slot would be the best to hope for.  Obviously. Good luck bro.
We lost our angry inch yesterday. I bought a snowblower 13 months ago and I’ve used it twice. Maybe I should drive it to Cleveland? 

• Haha 1