• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

It's officially winter today and winter solstice.

Temps look right around normal for this time of year which should lead to some chances of snow. An up and down pattern looks to be the staple of this coming winter.

Looks like we get a good cold shot this weekend with chance of synoptic event and LES on the backside.

image.thumb.png.d5c51651b81ac9697eb67a2d916874ec.png

image.thumb.png.c17f537bcbe49ce7a99260e776702c68.png

Indices look good, there will be shots of snow the next few weeks.

image.thumb.png.4e3d9c004ddeb081f54858c3bbe6b9fd.pngimage.thumb.png.41c0d6bc215eb0cc9c1ef7e527a55948.pngimage.thumb.png.83c53429d3f62fac00e6618f6df614f2.png

8 hours ago, Syrmax said:

It’s raining. And two more days of it on tap this week.  The rest of the 0Z suite looks like a slow meltdown well  into January.   Where is this winter people speak of?

It has been a beautiful wintry stretch of weather in the southern part of the state.  A few days of cold to freeze the ground, then 3ft of snow, then cold with snow showers daily to keep the snowpack looking fresh.  Classic winter weather that has been so lacking down here the past few years.  

With that said, I’m about to be reminded that it takes days/weeks and/or a fluke snow storm to build a nice wintry scene around here and just 24hrs to destroy it.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Great storm. For Detroit! Hahaha! Everyone loses. 

I still think we will get our inch or two of snow...not sure if its some post-frontal changeover for a couple of hours or some random LES that wings through at some point.  Given the likelihood of an inch of rain with temps surging to around 50...the existing "pack" around SYR-ROC will be just about gone by the time the front passes through.  Have to hope the 06Z GFS longer range is OTL as, while its active, it looks actively crummy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

I still think we will get our inch or two of snow...not sure if its some post-frontal changeover for a couple of hours or some random LES that wings through at some point.  Given the likelihood of an inch of rain with temps surging to around 50...the existing "pack" around SYR-ROC will be just about gone by the time the front passes through.  Have to hope the 06Z GFS longer range is OTL as, while its active, it looks actively crummy.

Agreed!

I’ve waited on too many post frontal snow accumulations. It just doesn’t happen in Rochester. The NAM was actually a great depiction. Rain, wind, rain- nothing. Hahaha! Hope ur right. But I’d still like to see this thing shift east 150 miles. Lol

Annoying part is gonna be seeing BUF get 2 feet. They always get their best stuff when we are green. 
Ehh. It’s been a long time for them. I hope they get buried.