Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Rgem i am not buying the half inch of freezing rain in Genesee valley

No way. Hopefully that’s snow. We are right on the line Tim. I think we’re due. Let the last minute eastward shift continue/ commence. Someone from BUF to Syracuse gets 6-10 from the synoptic storm. I’m not talking fake snow here

• Like 1

OSUmet said it well on the LES thread...this is what I was asking about regarding dynamic cooling (isothermal snow w/lift). Seems it may happen here.

2 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

I don't buy the rdps/gdps with all that freezing rain west of the low center. They seem overzealous. It's really tough to drag in the low-level cold air while at the same time maintain a warm nose on the west side of a low. You'll have a tendency to go isothermal snow as lift increases. 

13 hours ago, MJO812 said:

The front is so slow to move past my area also ( NYC )

Sustained winds 35 + in my area with gusts to 70mph. What a disgusting Christmas  holiday.

That sounds like a wonderful consolation prize to me.  If it wouldnt be white, I'll take windy any day of the week!

27 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

GFS

snku_acc.us_ne.png

We’re almost 36 hours before rain changes to snow around here I’m thinking this track is probably becoming better sampled and confidence for the synoptic part should be growing in at least an advisory, however I wonder if they won’t combine the 2 for a WSW as it’s 9” in 24 hours I believe?

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Canadian is brutalimage.thumb.png.2dcf3305110b19795561493947835bd5.png better throw it in. Actually, if we are being honest, it’s just the GFS that gives love to Rochrster and east....It’s tight but I like our chances more and more. The Canadian did tick east. 

We are at the point where just ride the snowiest model like Secretariat!

• Haha 1