• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate/Eastern New York

Well I'll tell ya one thing it's definitely not quiet as it seems there's a storm every other day. Id be happy with it at least being in the normal range temp wise as we've been above normal it seems like three years straight.. it will get cold again though in April and May like it does every effing year

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

The Ukie looks decent for many except the Lake Plain. You'd think we were Seattle with as much as the water and low elevation are killing us.

Yeah with no real source of cold air, temps are very marginal for anything good across lower elevations/lake plains. However, strong low pressure systems can generate there own cold air, but that's not something you ideally want to rely on. 

• Like 1

@BuffaloWeather, I've been reading more chatter about those extended maps you've been talking about. "The talk" is how that pattern in the long range looks great for the Mid-Atlantic and possibly New England coast. I know you mentioned it...and I'm a little concerned we're going to go right from this awful pattern we've been in with rain to an awful pattern of everything being suppressed to the south. It wouldn't seem to allow for many opportunities for LES either. Ugh.

12 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

@BuffaloWeather, I've been reading more chatter about those extended maps you've been talking about. "The talk" is how that pattern in the long range looks great for the Mid-Atlantic and possibly New England coast. I know you mentioned it...and I'm a little concerned we're going to go right from this awful pattern we've been in with rain to an awful pattern of everything being suppressed to the south. It wouldn't seem to allow for many opportunities for LES either. Ugh.

I'm not sure if it even looks good down there without any elevation. Obviously its prime climo so there definitely is a chance. But the airmass sucks. Just no cold air source. 

I mean how is this a good pattern for us? Especially for those who like snow cover. For me I want cold to get some good LES. 

6 to 10 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability

8 to 14 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm not sure if it even looks good down there without any elevation. Obviously its prime climo so there definitely is a chance. But the airmass sucks. Just no cold air source. 

Well then maybe I should hope this crap pattern holds on so I can at least continue to see 1 to 2 inch glop fall and then go for my nightly Jebwalk in the snow before it melts the next day? lol

4 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Sunday at least looks snowy which would be fun with the NFL games being so meaningful this week.  

I need your red hot Bills to rest a few guys so my Dolphins can get in!

We will definitely be resting our starters, but Dolphins are pretty bad we will steal beat you guys. :P

8 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

Sunday at least looks snowy which would be fun with the NFL games being so meaningful this week.  

I need your red hot Bills to rest a few guys so my Dolphins can get in!

Aren’t the Bills still playing for the second best record in the AFC?  That would give them potentially 2 home games in the playoffs. I doubt they rest anyone. 

6 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Aren’t the Bills still playing for the second best record in the AFC?  That would give them potentially 2 home games in the playoffs. I doubt they rest anyone. 

If Stefon diggs or josh Allen hurt themselves innocuously (think thumb for Goff or blown out knee for diggs making a simple cut like the hurricanes QB D’riq King made the other night) and all hopes of a SB are gone. The extra home game is A) not what it used to be due to low fan numbers allowed and the Steelers probably will not get past the first round anyways. I can’t listen anymore to any one wanting that 2 seed: the risks FAR outweigh the rewards.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

We will definitely be resting our starters, but Dolphins are pretty bad we will steal beat you guys. :P

Not a chance. Miami’s starting lineup will slap the second team around. They’re much better than you give them credit for. They’re not better than the starters however they beat some very good teams this year, including the pats the game before, not that they’re good but the pats ran them out of Gillette stadium the first game and this game was much different just like the second game with the bills was with New England...Flores is a damn good coach and for the next decade it’s Bills Dolphins like the 80’s and 90’s for the division each year.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

And...the 12Z NAMs are coming in much warmer with rains up to the St. Lawrence. lol 

Whew. I love the weather, but these crap patterns are making it difficult for me to enjoy my hobby...especially as a winter enthusiast. Rain rain rain gets old...

Anybody else feel the same?

No, I love it. We need the rain before lawns start getting burned out!

• Haha 2

Just now, Thinksnow18 said:

If Stefon diggs or josh Allen hurt themselves innocuously (think thumb for Goff or blown out knee for diggs making a simple cut like the hurricanes QB D’riq King made the other night) and all hopes of a SB are gone. The extra home game is A) not what it used to be due to low fan last allowed and the Steelers probably will not get past the first round anyways. I can’t listen anymore to any one wanting that 2 seed: the risks FAR outweigh the rewards.

I see your point. The one home field advantage you didn’t mention is the weather. Of course this year that isn’t as big of an advantage as it could be. 

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

But...but...but, a nice, thick layer of snow would keep your precious lawn saturated AND insulated! :P :) 

I’ve heard snow called “white fertilizer “, lol.  When I was an inspector on road construction contractors would hydro seed late in the season, even after it snowed, and they used that expression. 

• Like 2

Just now, CNY_WX said:

I’ve heard snow called “white fertilizer “, lol.  When I was an inspector on road construction contractors would hydro seed late in the season, even after it snowed, and they used that expression. 

Oh, so they do have some wisdom on something... :P

How much of your white fertilizer survived? The 6 inches here was demolished in 12 hours!!!! Dewpoints weren't even high. It must have been the gusty south wind, rain, and warmer ground from the 40s the day before. I thought since it had a higher moisture content, it might last longer.