Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 16/17 Snow Wall Obs Thread

hazwoper

30 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

25F DP15 and cloudy, Maybe 10-16" out here? we shall see I like the mention of Thunder snow possibility in my point and click. 

Whoa didn't even see the mention of thundersnow until you pointed it out! I like 10-14". Closer to 8" if more sleet than expected. Closer to 16" if it ends up staying mostly snow. We shall see. I'm at work now, not gonna be fun driving home at 6pm.

Snapchat-1104525630.thumb.jpg.f260b0021e0a3f94f822116039893a95.jpg

I know it's nowcast time and models aren't as useful this close but the nam straight up just sucks for 95 later. Only a hour or two of snow then over to sleet..even a little n and w of 95 goes over to sleet fairly quickly. Hopefully the HRRR is more on point with the WAA snows and the nam is overdone on the warmth.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, LVblizzard said:

The HRRR and some of the other hi-res 12z models think the NAM is completely out to lunch, they’re holding to their colder solutions. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out this evening.

After the new GFS run, the NAM looks on its own. But still a little concerning just HOW little the NAM had.

• Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

After the new GFS run, the NAM looks on its own. But still a little concerning just HOW little the NAM had.

Weenie handbook rule #12: When the NAM cuts back on snow totals, claim it's suffering convective feedback issues.

27F/DP 14

• Weenie 1