Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
GOOD CHANCE OF 1ST LIGHT SNOW EVENT VA / nw NC/ MD DEL MONDAY DEC 7

DTWXRISK

2 hours ago, mappy said:

Richmond is part of this subforum, so if there is a threat for them there should be a thread for it, that they and anyone else can post in. 
I was just letting DT know that there is also a Richmond thread for daily discussions. 

Cool, my misunderstanding. Just want to make sure I know “the rules”. OSfan was being a bleep though. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

lot of credit to you, I'll admit I thought this was gone. trend is interesting for central/southern VA and potentially a bit beyond that.

7oDkeZY.gif

I agree I wrote it off mid evening yesterday and all of a sudden this morning everything began trending. I still think GFS is playing catch-up as well. I guess I’m confused though. What or more or less is enhancing things. Is it the NS energy being progged stronger or is it more interaction between the two streams or is the SLP off the Carolinas tucked in further? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Cool, my misunderstanding. Just want to make sure I know “the rules”. OSfan was being a bleep though. 

No problem. Good time for a reminder on who is included here. 
Anyway, good luck to those who might see something. With the year it’s been, a little snow helps. 

10 minutes ago, Amped said:

There a 3 small disturbances merging here.

Models have been pretty consistent  with the northern and southern  ones.   However they've been all over the place with the middle disturbance. Luckily it was never going to be a huge event.

2netjRD.gif

It’s not gonna take but a couple more of those last tiny adjustments with that middle piece to create a light snow event maybe even up here.

30 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

Although there are other factors at play a 29.90 baro is not going to squash anything so from my experience that does help 

It’s not a matter of a storm being suppressed. The issue is a flat flow behind the departing system and the mid level feature that creates the lift tracks south of us.  That could change but there is no high involved in the equation.  

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It’s not a matter of a storm being suppressed. The issue is a flat flow behind the departing system and the mid level feature that creates the lift tracks south of us.  That could change but there is no high involved in the equation.  

Mostly correct but not having a 30.40 baro sitting over top of it is a factor if it was there

Frel free to express your own comments and forecasting beliefs, you have not been appointed to dispute mine 

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I really enjoy your in depth synopsis of things. Can you give me a brief write up as to what you expect for us in the southern MA from this and what some of the things to watch for other than radar and wrt the disturbance rippling along as well as to the NS energy diving down etc..

• H2O unpinned this topic