• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

18 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s nice to be able to track something, but kind of wish this stayed as zero potential for SNE, like we first were thinking, and got out of the way, and the 7th-8th with the better airmass was still on the table.

This will almost undoubtedly rain on the vast majority of us for the most part,  due to the fact we are having to rely on a mega bomb on the perfect track.   

I do wish it was a non-event with the southern stream still trapped in the southwest. That would really help Dec7-8

But we’ve also known for like a week how putrid the airmass was. I think we were even saying like 5 days ago that 12/5 was a Hail Mary for SNE. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I do wish it was a non-event with the southern stream still trapped in the southwest. That would really help Dec7-8

But we’ve also known for like a week how putrid the airmass was. I think we were even saying like 5 days ago that 12/5 was a Hail Mary for SNE. 

This

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like the GFS is going to basically whiff on phasing the two streams, lol. These models have no idea what is going on. 

So it’s going to be solely a southern stream storm on the GFS. 

LoL that’s funny. It may try to curl Up if the nrn stream gets out. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like the GFS is going to basically whiff on phasing the two streams, lol. These models have no idea what is going on. 

So it’s going to be solely a southern stream storm on the GFS. 

Yeah, it's tough trying to figure out wtf to go.  This one is a head scratcher.  I've seen subtle moves with models, but this is like ping pong

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Yeah, it's tough trying to figure out wtf to go.  This one is a head scratcher.  I've seen subtle moves with models, but this is like ping pong

This is one of the worst ones I’ve seen in a while this close to the event. I mean, we’re only 3 days out and these models are almost behaving like they do 6 days out. 

They have no idea on how to handle the interaction of these two shortwaves. 

• Like 1