• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zurn
    Newest Member
    zurn

Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah, you've been sniffin out the upcoming period and it is great to see a ridge bridge straight from the hinterlands of the north.  Been a while since we've seen that on the maps and it was nice to see yesterday.  -pna isnt scary w/ a stout -nao as progged so bowling balls across the conus is fine w/ me.  A little help w/ WAR is also fine as it feeds the machine to the north, but its a scary ask as it's cooked us oh so many times and seems to rule the weather roost here in the east.  Gonna need that a bit as the STJ is pretty far south IMO.  

It's just really refreshing to not be in a shut out winter, and yeah, seeing chances starting to pop up is pretty cool.  

I also saw the coastal pop for this weekend, and said something in the MA forum about it yesterday.  Looks a tad late for most, but maybe a little in the E/NE regions as it gets cranking.  Pocono ski resorts will approve.  

Yeah Blizz....you better clean out your cache....cause you may be filling it up w/ snow maps in the coming weeks.  IMO its a frequent small/med kinda period, but maybe we can score a notable even as well.  Any snow is welcome to me....so its all good.

Maybe this is our January thaw week? I'm ready, I know we need to have patience but this week is just one day after another the same weather. 

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

Maybe this is our January thaw week? I'm ready, I know we need to have patience but this week is just one day after another the same weather. 

I feel like it's been this way since the start of the new year. 

My daughter works outside a lot and asks me every Sunday what the weather's going to be like for the upcoming week.  The past 2 Sundays I've told her to go outside...what you see and feel now is what you'll see and feel all week. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, paweather said:

Just remember that a while back, LR guidance suggested this big cutter would reshuffle the deck to a good look, and that seems to be on track.  And yes, if this is the January thaw....I'd be giddy if this is as bad as it gets before we go deep winter.....

Seeing the effects of the SSW coupled w/ the NAO/AO, it is rather exciting to see the players coming back to the field after a long hiatus. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pasnownut said:

Just remember that a while back, LR guidance suggested this big cutter would reshuffle the deck to a good look, and that seems to be on track.  And yes, if this is the January thaw....I'd be giddy if this is as bad as it gets before we go deep winter.....

Seeing the effects of the SSW coupled w/ the NAO/AO, it is rather exciting to see the players coming back to the field after a long hiatus. 

Yes, I cleared out my attachments on here a couple of days ago in anticipation of things get very busy with this upcoming pattern!

The GEFS, CMC ensemble, & EPS are all sending a great signal in the snow department. Most of the snow falls in week 2. 

0BCA843F-5C36-459A-9FBF-40849BE5C9B6.png

7F9C756B-E8D5-48F1-94A8-F5DD80E49642.png

0E4B524F-9E56-4703-B7BD-605625F6F489.png

27 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, I cleared out my attachments on here a couple of days ago in anticipation of things get very busy with this upcoming pattern!

The GEFS, CMC ensemble, & EPS are all sending a great signal in the snow department. Most of the snow falls in week 2. 

0BCA843F-5C36-459A-9FBF-40849BE5C9B6.png

7F9C756B-E8D5-48F1-94A8-F5DD80E49642.png

0E4B524F-9E56-4703-B7BD-605625F6F489.png

Ops are still just not buying into the Ens runs, but I look forward to them correcting in the coming days.....we'll we hope anyway. 

• Like 1

Boring pattern this week, mid 20's in the mornings,and mid 30's in the afternoon, and mostly cloudy.

Maybe a chance to pick up a little snow this weekend, temperature dependent. One inch at a time adds up :lol:

I see Minnesota, Green Bay and Detriot is getting hit with snow tomorrow. I would be happy for a boring clipper right now. 

Blizz I see that map is 384 hours what could go wrong? :)

Thanks everyone for the maps and your thoughts!

2 hours ago, pawatch said:

Boring pattern this week, mid 20's in the mornings,and mid 30's in the afternoon, and mostly cloudy.

Maybe a chance to pick up a little snow this weekend, temperature dependent. One inch at a time adds up :lol:

I see Minnesota, Green Bay and Detriot is getting hit with snow tomorrow. I would be happy for a boring clipper right now. 

Yes very boring week of weather.....rinse and repeat basically except for clouds versus sun. I’m trying to stay patience but it’s hard I would take a rain storm right now lol. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pawatch said:

It feels like it's been years since we had a clipper. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, paweather said:

Well, my rainstorm made it on the GFS for next Friday at the very least. Even though it will change 100 times before then. 

9 minutes ago, paweather said:

Well, my rainstorm made it on the GFS for next Friday at the very least. Even though it will change 100 times before then. 

actually it can only change 32-34 (start time dependent)....

:poster_stupid:

just having fun....

Para says buckle up....its gonna be a fun ride in search of the promise land.  Vorts every couple days. 

37 minutes ago, paweather said:

I just really want something to track! I tried tracking clouds last week. 

lol....howd that work for ya...?

I've been filling my time w/ keeping active during these boring times....and as of today trolling the hell outta Ji in the MA thread.  :P

For a dude that really knows his sh!t, he really needs to learn to keep it wound up tighter...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

lol....howd that work for ya...?

I've been filling my time w/ keeping active during these boring times....and as of today trolling the hell outta Ji in the MA thread.  :P

For a dude that really knows his sh!t, he really needs to learn to keep it wound up tighter...

I saw this! :D

The 18z GEFS is also showing a good snow signal. Most of this falls in week 2. All of the blocking should pay off hopefully beginning with the storm threat at the end of next week.

We should have our chances!

3092A5D6-15E5-416C-8B66-F9CA8165C2C2.png

• Like 1

Snow! First real flakes since 1-3. That is a long time without snow in the air up here. Wasn't  because it was liquid either just cloudy and dry for 10 days.

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Well @Voyager got a new trucking job (congratulations!) so we can guarantee a snowstorm in two weeks. #lockitup

Thanks, and I was going to post something about the job and the correlation to snow in CPA, but I figured you've all heard it before...lol

• Like 3