MAG5035

Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

19 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

It stopped snowing around this time in the afternoon Sunday. It has remained cloudy and literally within a degree or two of 35ºF in the 72 hours since then. I dunno about any of you guys, but I'd actually like to see some sun and clear weather for a couple days. 

I agree Mag, sure has been gloomy out without any sun. Kind of puts you in a blah mood.

Blizz Euro doesn't look to bad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, paweather said:

We need a Pattern reshuffle...Cold and Dry is going to last into all of next week. 

Hey at least it’s cold. We didn’t even have that last season. 

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Hey at least it’s cold. We didn’t even have that last season. 

I could do without the excess wind, though...

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

From WGAL:

134765526_2724659834465061_7895280246870647232_n.png?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=ohHjstZhausAX_gI4us&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=b725a7f88944d53b1e843788e5963dcc&oe=601C3A6E

I've always found it fascinating that Lancaster-based WGAL uses info from Harrisburg and not Lancaster. At least in most of Lanco, 1996 dropped more snow here than 2016 did. The 1983 storm dropped remarkably similar amounts in both locals - I measured 24.8" in the '83 storm. I don't remember 1945. :) 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've always found it fascinating that Lancaster-based WGAL uses info from Harrisburg and not Lancaster. At least in most of Lanco, 1996 dropped more snow here than 2016 did. The 1983 storm dropped remarkably similar amounts in both locals - I measured 24.8" in the '83 storm. I don't remember 1945. :) 

They must use the airport stats for everything. 

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I like how they have a category for "type" of snowstorm. Like one of H-burg's top 5 snowstorms was going to come from a clipper or something lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

was on the road today....glad i was, as I'da spent waayyy too much time tracking

NOTHING.

poop is right.  Happy hour at least shows that there is a storm once again, so there's that.

Morning and TGIF!

Takeaway from overnights and early morning runs suggest we have a shot at next weeks event.  GEPS more bullish on getting southern/eastern crew into some action.  GEFS also improved, but still not as excited. That said,  they both came north, so thats a small victory, and we need the north trend to continue, because this one has some work to do, but I still feel better about our chances....not great...but better.  

gem-ens_apcpn24_us_20.png

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

I guess it is time to move to Texas or the Carolinas for snow. :D

Western part of North Carolina is a great place for snow - get out west of Wilkesboro and that area averages more snow in the winter than we do. They get upslope, far enough south to get into southern stream action, and far enough west to avoid changeover. My wife wants to retire to Boone - we'll see...

Do you see a Pattern in this forecast? *Edit: I should say except for today. 

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. North wind around 6 mph.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. North wind around 8 mph.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 40. North wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
Tuesday
Tuesday Night
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Wednesday Night
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 44.

Just now, paweather said:

I guess it is time to move to Texas or the Carolinas for snow. :D

nah...next week still has time, and 12z's keep it close enough.  just like for this weekends non event, pay attention to the NE.  IF we can get a little more relaxing, that will help to get us the lattitude we need for this thing to come up and visit.  My gut says it can happen.  at 500, you can see it lifting out a bit.  CMC show how it stays south. 

Looknig at the CMC, it looks simialr to ULL issue we have for this weekend.  Hope that goes poof in upcoming runs. Bear in mind, that as NAO relaxes, you may lose thermal boundaries.  Soo many ways to fail it seems.

Just now, paweather said:

Do you see a Pattern in this forecast?

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. North wind around 6 mph.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 23. North wind around 8 mph.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 40. North wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
Monday
Monday Night
Tuesday
Tuesday Night
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Wednesday Night
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 44.

You need to move south! Mine has rain/snow for Tuesday. :) 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

nah...next week still has time, and 12z's keep it close enough.  just like for this weekends non event, pay attention to the NE.  IF we can get a little more relaxing, that will help to get us the lattitude we need for this thing to come up and visit.  My gut says it can happen.  at 500, you can see it lifting out a bit.  CMC show how it stays south. 

Looknig at the CMC, it looks simialr to ULL issue we have for this weekend.  Hope that goes poof in upcoming runs. Bear in mind, that as NAO relaxes, you may lose thermal boundaries.  Soo many ways to fail it seems.

Sounds good Nut, I will hold out!