Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

12z Euro gets a few sleet pellet up to Rt. 30 in York/Lancaster counties. Otherwise it's another solid run for everyone. Looks like a solid 8" - 12" event for many south of Rt. 22 (conservative thinking).

I think I would prefer the risk of the higher qpf shown by the euro and cmc(around the lsv) then the GFS. The risk for sleet is around but the potential for the 18-24" is worth it. 

• Like 1

The more elevation dependent HRRR ended up being correct over the other ambitious guidance this morning. Probably could call it a T here, but nothing measurable fell. Looks like it stuck from about 1800’ or so up.

Looking NE

FDDBCC29-C5D5-4142-B582-2C2CE9542AB8.thumb.jpeg.2fcd4816e200b25e508f6f349358879e.jpeg

Good thing we might just scrounge up a bit of snow Wednesday lol. Did anyone actually see much this morning? 

3 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

The more elevation dependent HRRR ended up being correct over the other ambitious guidance this morning. Probably could call it a T here, but nothing measurable fell. Looks like it stuck from about 1800’ or so up.

Looking NE

FDDBCC29-C5D5-4142-B582-2C2CE9542AB8.thumb.jpeg.2fcd4816e200b25e508f6f349358879e.jpeg

Good thing we might just scrounge up a bit of snow Wednesday lol. Did anyone actually see much this morning? 

We may have had a slushy 1" here in Western Lanco. but due to warm surface.....its meelltiinnnnggggg.  It came down nicely late morning through about 12:30.  then tapered off.  

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

Looking NE

Nothing really stuck in Harrisburg proper, but friend up in Halifax had enough to cover his entire lawn. 

4 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Looking NE

Ground whiten.  Marking down a T

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Looks like the Euro outputs 2.2" qpf for MDT, and it's all snow. 

Hold me. 

For prospective, obviously a completely different storm, colder, higher ratios etc. I just heard somewhere(maybe posted here) that the Jan 2016 storm produced the 30" at MDT with less then 2" of QPf.  Is that true? Anyone really good at remembering ratios from specific storms? 

1 minute ago, JTrout said:

For prospective, obviously a completely different storm, colder, higher ratios etc. I just heard somewhere(maybe posted here) that the Jan 2016 storm produced the 30" at MDT with less then 2" of QPf.  Is that true? Anyone really good at remembering ratios from specific storms? 

if thats the case, you'd need to be at 18:1 kinda ratios.  While not impossible, thats cold powder kinda stuff.  

3 minutes ago, JTrout said:

i keep records, not specific ratios. i had 33" with official at MDT was 30.6 

4 minutes ago, JTrout said:

If I still worked there I could tell you. I actually was supposed to work that shift but called my boss to tell him that morning there was already 5" of snow on the ground lol. Next day couldnt go in either because they couldnt plow the streets. Took them 2 days to get the city back to normal, lancaster that is and they got more NW of us.

I would be impressed if we see more than 12:1 during the height of the storm for areas around harrisburg. Most should see the average 10:1 and then maybe getting better as the colder air continues to filter in. I say maybe 14:1 on the outskirts to help with totals otherwise more than that is not impossible but probably unlikely.

• Like 3