• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Nice point. Also, we still get decent humidity and temps when the winds do back NE. I think the S Shore will see accumulating snow for significantly longer than inland. Still thinking 6-8 range.

This frame of the UKIE supports that theory showing a nice little 1.5" of bonus snow overnight Thursday into Friday morning for KROC.  We shall see.  Just that 1.5" of snow is more than I thought we would get from the whole storm just 24 hours ago!Capture.thumb.JPG.b3a06430bf88012604cb0809699dd128.JPG

• Like 1

I pretty much threw in the towel on this last night.  Along with the rest of the month!  I'm waiting for the next model wobbles at 00Z but, it's looking like we could get a few inches here (GFS has 0.0 for us BTW).  Stay the course!  
GFS is straight garbage and you know it, lol, it'll never change unfortunately that's the reason even the NWS defaults to the ECMWF which is quite sad but kudos has to be given to the GFS for it's consistency of being wrong ,

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

GFS is straight garbage and you know it, lol, it'll never change unfortunately that's the reason even the NWS defaults to the ECMWF which is quite sad but kudos has to be given to the GFS for it's consistency of being wrong , emoji38.pngemoji38.png

GooFuS Uber Alles!  :lmao:  But look at that Euro run though...its not budging off of the idea that we get barely brushed.  I stick to my 1-3" expectation here.

GooFuS Uber Alles!  :lmao:  But look at that Euro run though...its not budging off of the idea that we get barely brushed.  I stick to my 1-3" expectation here.
Id be happy with 1-3", but I'd triple that call to 5-9" especially considering ratios which should be quite high so we'll see how it all comes together!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

European really not that far off..If it's just a little too strong with it's confluence than obviously this Comes north..

sn10_acc.us_ne - 2020-12-15T132610.643.png

This map really looks good to me.  The distribution of snow actually makes sense as opposed to some of those wacky solutions out of the lesser used models.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

NYC is not getting anywhere near what the EURO is showing or the GFS for that matter but I can be wrong. The SST's just off the Coast of Jersey are in the Mid to upper 50's! With a screaming easterly flow they are gonna mix or change to slop fo sho!

I was looking at some model wind fields and thinking same.  They will be fighting that and the mid level center tracks.  If they go west or over them its a problem for them sooner than later in the storm.

• Like 1