• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

If the GooFuS blew this one, I'll never look at it again, and I'm afraid it's nowhere near done trending but it can only come so far N&W so I'd be happy with another bump North by maybe 50 miles or so and then but it's go time. What's the start time? I hate tracking storms when I have to work, !

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I bought this monster last winter. I probably overdid it, I used it about 5-6 times and it’s a handful. I wanted to make sure I had something that could handle the rare 2 foot snowfall. If I had waited until this year I would have bought a single stage snow thrower, lol. 
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Power-Max-HD-1028-OHXE-28-in-302cc-Two-Stage-Electric-Start-Gas-Snow-Blower-38841/306237993

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

If the GooFuS blew this one, I'll never look at it again, emoji23.png and I'm afraid it's nowhere near done trending but it can only come so far N&W so I'd be happy with another bump North by maybe 50 miles or so and then but it's go time. What's the start time? I hate tracking storms when I have to work, emoji38.png!

Most of it is overnight tomorrow (perhaps starting on the evening) but the further NW it comes the longer it will likely linger into Thursday 

• Like 1

yeah...at the expected ratios of 10+:1...seems hard to believe.  I need to see the Euro and the 00Z runs to see if this is a pre-wobble wobble or more of a final answer...;)
How many times have we seen this happen? Countless times we're in the sweet spot and then, bam were pinging away here in the Cause, so it's not like it can't happen but I can see ur logic. The Euro has done no better with this system as every model has had a rough go of it lately with this particular event. It will be interesting to see which model had it all along, like shall I say it, The ICON,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

How many times have we seen this happen? Countless times we're in the sweet spot and then, bam were pinging away here in the Cause, so it's not like it can't happen but I can see ur logic. The Euro has done no better with this system as every model has had a rough go of it lately with this particular event. It will be interesting to see which model had it all along, like shall I say it, The ICON, emoji38.pngemoji38.png

That's very true.  But we've seen this go both way trend wise.  But yeah, the NW trend seems to be more frequent as you get closer in to gamedays.  Fortunately, I don't think pinging and dryslot will be our issue with this one.  I think i'd rather get skimmed and just miss then endure the BS the coasties are experiencing now with model whipsaw.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Looks like a sweet spot of over 1”qpf just north of the city. Classic enhancement signal 

Not sure if we can make enhancement work.  I think the UKIE is just straight juiced up synoptically.  The winds during our critical time frame even have a bit of a Southerly component to them...:wacko:.  I'd take the UKIE solution in a heartbeat though, even with zero enhancement.

Capture.thumb.JPG.5733b59f8183149814e6953d569cae7b.JPG

• Thanks 1

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Not sure if we can make enhancement work.  I think the UKIE is just straight juiced up synoptically.  The winds during our critical time frame even have a bit of a Southerly component to them...:wacko:.  I'd take the UKIE solution in a heartbeat though, even with zero enhancement.

Capture.thumb.JPG.5733b59f8183149814e6953d569cae7b.JPG

I LOVE how that model shows the secondary low smack over WNY!!! That’s the low that shoots up the Ohio Valley then transfers to the coast...this scores for WNY every time!!!

• Like 1

I have NOT given up on this system this week. I was close to after last night's 00Z runs...am happier with 12Z runs.
Still have our covering our graupel snow from last night here...so it looks like winter!  
Stop, you gave up a long time ago and now you've jumped back on the snow , !

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I have NOT given up on this system this week. I was close to after last night's 00Z runs...am happier with 12Z runs.

Still have our covering our graupel snow from last night here...so it looks like winter! :P 

I pretty much threw in the towel on this last night.  Along with the rest of the month!  I'm waiting for the next model wobbles at 00Z but, it's looking like we could get a few inches here (GFS has 0.0 for us BTW).  Stay the course!  ;)

9 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I LOVE how that model shows the secondary low smack over WNY!!! That’s the low that shoots up the Ohio Valley then transfers to the coast...this scores for WNY every time!!!

Nice point. Also, we still get decent humidity and temps when the winds do back NE. I think the S Shore will see accumulating snow for significantly longer than inland. Still thinking 6-8 range.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Secondary low transfers were the bane of my existence through the early 2000's.  I never trust them.  Thats when you watch a massive plume of snow just vanish like a fart in the wind as the secondary wins out.  

With this system though, the secondary is somewhat pathetic which may bode well for the primary holding onto to its precip shield longer. 

• Like 1