• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

On top of all of this, the indices are all in our favor as well so who the heck knows what we need these days to get a simple snowstorm, lol???

Yeah but the coast can say the same lol They also need a -NAO, +PNA and-AO..You have a 50/50 locking in that strong high, good set up for the coast..

9 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah but the coast can say the same lol They also need a -NAO, +PNA and-AO..You have a 50/50 locking in that strong high, good set up for the coast..

No doubt, the set-up is good for all of us as the blocking isn't that strong but until the first blows up over Labrador we won't really know how strong it really is!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Hey all.

IMO, as has been discussed a bit earlier and needs to be emphasized, for much of Upstate NY, the exact track of the slp is less important than the evolution of the mid and upper level features, particularly at the h850 and h700 levels.

The models currently indicating a more favorable set up with these features for our area is euro ensemble mean, Icon, para GFS, and probably extrapolated NAM.

I like where we are right now, particularly BGM, SYR and points SE.  

00z Parallel GFS "feels" like a nice candidate for verification.

image.thumb.png.307deea0b0f49b8b1518853a4b182014.png

That's a classic coastal low snowstorm distribution with banding along the I-88 corridor accounting for the heavier snowfall axis.  Agree on the mid/UL point you made.  The track of the low seems like it will be "good enough" as generally modelled currently but the other story is as you said...

2 hours ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Hey all.

IMO, as has been discussed a bit earlier and needs to be emphasized, for much of Upstate NY, the exact track of the slp is less important than the evolution of the mid and upper level features, particularly at the h850 and h700 levels.

The models currently indicating a more favorable set up with these features for our area is euro ensemble mean, Icon, para GFS, and probably extrapolated NAM.

I like where we are right now, particularly BGM, SYR and points SE.  

00z Parallel GFS "feels" like a nice candidate for verification.

image.thumb.png.307deea0b0f49b8b1518853a4b182014.png

I love reading your posts!

I could see this being a 3 to 6 inch event for many of us on here.