Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

41 minutes ago, Mothman said:

My area forecast doesn’t resemble any true grinch. 

image.png

"Why, my sweet little weenie," the fake Santy Moth lied,
"There's a light on this lamp that won't light on one side.

So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear.
I'll fix it up there, then I'll bring it back here."

And his fib fooled the weenie. Then he patted his head,
And he got him a drink, and he sent Mothman to bed.

• Haha 5

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Damn...NAM trying to eliminate the grinch....buries the energy SW and northern stream about to run ahead of it

image.png.6767eafbf982528fa59ca25da929c649.png

That’s how I thought we could pull it off. Some of the ensemble members did that...then we fropa and get a mixed system coming up from the southern stream only. Unfortunately we have our synoptic hope in an 84hr NAM prog.

• Like 1

The snow can’t stay,

Baby it’s a torch outside.

The snow’s going away,

Baby it’s a torch out there. 

Kevin will start to worry,

The cold better hurry,

Kevin will be pacing the floor

Listen to that low level jet roar. 

Well just another IPA more,

Let’s break some records while it pours....

• Haha 6

I see the 'support group' is in full-affect this morning, huh - lol...  Jesus, still seven days away and why is this iron clad, immutable again ...? no other choice, right ??

Sometimes it really is hard to ignore that this "hobby" has evolved to be less about storms and events themselves, and more so about the modeled cinema leading.  I'm almost willing to hunch that the storm itself is less important to some even ... rather, trying to make sure the cinema's story in the days leading doesn't send you through disappointing chapters.

Ah... I guess a story isn't any good without a protagonist, huh ?   lol -

I'm intrigued by a signal nearing New Years -  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

image.png

"Why, my sweet little weenie," the fake Santy Moth lied,
"There's a light on this lamp that won't light on one side.

So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear.
I'll fix it up there, then I'll bring it back here."

And his fib fooled the weenie. Then he patted his head,
And he got him a drink, and he sent Mothman to bed.

Lol I am a weenie. What I really want is just a white Christmas. We have had a horrible few years and this year was the worst of em. Had to move 3 times. Dogs got sick. Lost jobs. My girlfriend and I moved to my hometown in NY, and she’s from the south. She told me she wanted a white Christmas so bad this year, and I told her it looks good. So I guess yes I’m a weenie but there’s something valuable about festivity for the psyche. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We grinch.

GYX makes it official.

The general scenario for Thursday and Friday is an upper level
trough digs south through the central U.S. with low pressure
developing along it and passing to our west. The deterministic
models continue to have differences in timing, but they do agree
at this time that our region will be on the warm side of this
system...meaning a cold rainfall for Christmas Eve night and
early Christmas morning. A possible Grinch storm, indeed.
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Was 15.4 here. I did a 5 mile run at 5:00 AM. There was enough wind that I had to put on the face mask . I got thru 3 miles without it, but could feel the cheeks starting to freeze . Amazing the elevation differences with temps 

Did you almost cause accidents, running out in the road, and around snowbanks where people couldn't see you?

5 minutes ago, PWMan said:

GYX makes it official.

The general scenario for Thursday and Friday is an upper level
trough digs south through the central U.S. with low pressure
developing along it and passing to our west. The deterministic
models continue to have differences in timing, but they do agree
at this time that our region will be on the warm side of this
system...meaning a cold rainfall for Christmas Eve night and
early Christmas morning. A possible Grinch storm, indeed.

Cold rain is fine. That’s what we want 

Just now, Mothman said:

Also I love how everyone on here makes fun of “weenies” for wanting a white Christmas. We’re all weenies if we’re on this board. And who DOESNT want a white Christmas? Just cuz I’m vulnerable doesn’t mean I’m wrong....!!!

cmon mute!!!!

:frostymelt:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Did you almost cause accidents, running out in the road, and around snowbanks where people couldn't see you?

Nope. I wear bright colored clothing. Drivers should be paying attn to avoid coming anywhere near runners. Many purposely drive extra close or swerve at me over the years. We watch and we flick off 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Nope. I wear bright colored clothing. Drivers should be paying attn to avoid coming anywhere near runners. Many purposely drive extra close or swerve at me over the years. We watch and we flick off 

I have actually noticed more signs popping up noting the 3' distance requirement between cars and bikes...Even on narrow roads where this is tough to achieve.  Someone that I know who works with highway regulations was telling me that some people want to add runners to that sign to make it clear to drivers.  

12 minutes ago, Mothman said:

Lol I am a weenie. What I really want is just a white Christmas. We have had a horrible few years and this year was the worst of em. Had to move 3 times. Dogs got sick. Lost jobs. My girlfriend and I moved to my hometown in NY, and she’s from the south. She told me she wanted a white Christmas so bad this year, and I told her it looks good. So I guess yes I’m a weenie but there’s something valuable about festivity for the psyche. 

Sorry to hear about all this. Chin up man. Tough stuff

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That’s how I thought we could pull it off. Some of the ensemble members did that...then we fropa and get a mixed system coming up from the southern stream only. Unfortunately we have our synoptic hope in an 84hr NAM prog.

The icon has this energy farther south out west too so far... best case like you guys are saying is it kind of pinches off and let’s the northern branch scoot ahead

11 minutes ago, Mothman said:

Also I love how everyone on here makes fun of “weenies” for wanting a white Christmas. We’re all weenies if we’re on this board. And who DOESNT want a white Christmas? Just cuz I’m vulnerable doesn’t mean I’m wrong....!!!

cmon mute!!!!

It’s all in fun in here. Have a laugh. We all bust each other. None of us want a torch Christmas. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I have actually noticed more signs popping up noting the 3' distance requirement between cars and bikes...Even on narrow roads where this is tough to achieve.  Someone that I know who works with highway regulations was telling me that some people want to add runners to that sign to make it clear to drivers.  

I wear all bright yellow shirts and my hat is bright yellow. I’ve had people 100% purposely swerve at me so I have to jump off the road. One time I was at a one way stop sign intersection where you have to turn left or right into the road. Guy stopped went straight across the lane and forced me into the deep snowbank 

• Weenie 1