• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PoZitron20
    Newest Member
    PoZitron20

November 2020 General Discussion

Toronto Island gusted to 73 mph, Niagara Airport gusted to 87 mph. This is a major wind event for the Eastern Lakes.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Thought some of you would enjoy this. Clear night on the ocean so I snapped pics of the space shuttle launch
2b00fb819155ac5c44f16dd39f116250.jpg
4d7edb9957e176236887ac93723ac72c.jpg
65775b80f03fed62051642bca358987a.jpg

Nice

On 11/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, andyhb said:

Toronto Island gusted to 73 mph, Niagara Airport gusted to 87 mph. This is a major wind event for the Eastern Lakes.

This was over the weekend. Very careless and I suspect some people will file lawsuits lol. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/juux1a/heavy_winds_causing_plywood_to_fly_off_a_yonge_st/ 

2 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

This was over the weekend. Very careless and I suspect some people will file lawsuits lol. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/juux1a/heavy_winds_causing_plywood_to_fly_off_a_yonge_st/ 

That has to be foam insulation board, or incredibly high winds as that is not falling like a sheet of plywood 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 1:33 PM, SchaumburgStormer said:

That has to be foam insulation board, or incredibly high winds as that is not falling like a sheet of plywood 

Wind gusts peaked at 70mph. You're right it's probably foam insulation board. Hope nobody got hurt or got their cars damaged. 

Been a minute since I’ve come on here. Life has been extremely busy with finishing college. Graduate in just a couple weeks. 

Got my first 0.1” of snow for the season on the 16th. 

I was on the Lake Michigan shore for the wind/wave event on Sunday. While *quite* as impressive as what happened on Lake Erie, there were still 15-20 footers on the lake. Gusts around 60mph caused tree damage and minor structural damage. The waves lashing the shore were just insane. Definitely a little larger waves than the November 1st gale. U1vk0CZ.jpgSqNmZTN.jpgZ4IOa6G.jpgNIV6AqA.jpg

Video: 

• Like 12

Looks like a couple chances at snow over portions of the area the next week or so.  Nothing major at the moment.

winds stayed very gusty overnight here

18z NAM has ~3-4" (7-10cm) for Toronto Sun night-Mon. I don't buy it but there's a possibility folks from Detroit-Ottawa could see their potential first snow event of the season. Upper air temps will be solidly below freezing but sfc temperatures will be marginal at best unless we see some CAD. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Yes! My first fantasy 6 incher of the year.

LAF gets seven and IND is shut out? One heck of a gradient.

8 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Hmm.  May have to dig into this later.

Well, I looked, and I'm not sure.  Some critical differences exist in the thermal profiles between the NAM and GFS.  I tend to think the GFS is a little too warm and would not be surprised to see band of wet snow running through here or nearby, but certainly not willing to go all-in on the NAM.