Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,039
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

November 2020 General Discussion


SchaumburgStormer

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/15/2020 at 5:39 PM, andyhb said:

Toronto Island gusted to 73 mph, Niagara Airport gusted to 87 mph. This is a major wind event for the Eastern Lakes.

This was over the weekend. Very careless and I suspect some people will file lawsuits lol. 

 https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/juux1a/heavy_winds_causing_plywood_to_fly_off_a_yonge_st/ 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

This was over the weekend. Very careless and I suspect some people will file lawsuits lol. 

 https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/juux1a/heavy_winds_causing_plywood_to_fly_off_a_yonge_st/ 

 

That has to be foam insulation board, or incredibly high winds as that is not falling like a sheet of plywood 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been a minute since I’ve come on here. Life has been extremely busy with finishing college. Graduate in just a couple weeks. 
 

Got my first 0.1” of snow for the season on the 16th. 
 

I was on the Lake Michigan shore for the wind/wave event on Sunday. While *quite* as impressive as what happened on Lake Erie, there were still 15-20 footers on the lake. Gusts around 60mph caused tree damage and minor structural damage. The waves lashing the shore were just insane. Definitely a little larger waves than the November 1st gale. U1vk0CZ.jpgSqNmZTN.jpgZ4IOa6G.jpgNIV6AqA.jpg

Video: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Hmm.  May have to dig into this later.

Well, I looked, and I'm not sure.  Some critical differences exist in the thermal profiles between the NAM and GFS.  I tend to think the GFS is a little too warm and would not be surprised to see band of wet snow running through here or nearby, but certainly not willing to go all-in on the NAM.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...