• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish

Oct 29-30 snow threat

Yeah 06z Euro was def an improvement, That looks pretty nice for a large chunk fo SNE. Could see some low end advisory amounts over interior if that panned out.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah 06z Euro was def an improvement, That looks pretty nice for a large chunk fo SNE. Could see some low end advisory amounts over interior if that panned out.

I really wish pivotal had 6/18z runs. I hate being in the dark. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Debbie right to the end. Some things never change 

lol. He ain't wrong.  Nothing is a guarantee, and we are still 4 days out. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

:popcorn:

Popcorn and front row seats in October.  Nothing wrong with this.  Considering it's been Covid talk since February, a bit of early season, buttered up popcorn, while sitting 6 feet from others in an rather empty theater is welcomed at this point.  

• Like 2

Feeling 1-2” here. Seems like we start losing the precip on modeling after finally making the flip to snow. If the changeover is a little sooner maybe we bump it up to 2-4”, but I’m leaning lower end. The Monads should have no problem though. 

Looked to me like the GFS 06z was more robust than any of the last several cycle of that particular model I've seen, wrt QPF resurging across a broader expanse of the Capital District up to at least CNE and over the middle coastal Maine down to SNE with that 2nd wave.

Tho it was more robust ..it also has less 'blue' painted on graphics relative to increasing fall-rates - which heavier should be more in a marginality than this...

I'm not in the mood go comb obsessively through sigma levels to prove the model's just permuting itself too warm or not, but I have seen that in the past, frankly. Just knee jerk based on experience and having woken up on the wrong side of the bed ... I can cynically introduce that climate comes back to haunt sometimes. And a given event some how, some way... proves it was critically SD overdone.  It's not like this thing is so deep and cold that it has room to f! around ...  What if the 2nd wave does burgeon a new expanding shield but lower than 800' it's cold rain/paws with 'real' snow at 1100+

It wouldn't be the first time models were crucially off by a seemingly irrelevant .5 C 

20 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

How’s it look up north?

Prob like 3-4" there on that run.

• Thanks 1

Big improvement on the 12z NAM....that looks really good for tomorrow morning.