Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 29-30 snow threat

Typhoon Tip

13 minutes ago, MarkO said:

This is now looking like a pretty good event for the whites. There's no sneaky warm layer, and it's going to be cold down to about 1500'. I'm actually thinking there's going to be a foot in some elevated (2500k+)  areas like the mid October storm. Reggie looks pretty decent, but the snow maps are late. Does anyone have the GFS maps? TT is late with the 18hr

Nice. :)  

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think low valley spots like his wull struggle. Additionally he may be north of the heaviest qpf/rates Friday during the day. He’ll snow and stick. Scooter has never taken anyone in CT over Ray. He has had this odd affection for him ever since I’ve known them both. It’s a thick Boston accent thing I believe. 

The thing that’s going to help you actually looks to be the second low tracking so far south and the precip on some of these runs almost look like it collapses from NY State through CT to Long Island and SE from there.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s not true. I love the srn CT jacks. Those are fun to call because nobody sees them coming.

You have admitted an affection for Ray. I get it’s for a variety of reasons. It’s fine. You’d never , ever pick this over his. And it’s because you hate giving me any satisfaction. I get it and am fine with it 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

The thing that’s going to help you actually looks to be the second low tracking so far south and the precip on some of these actually looks like it collapses from NY State through CT to Long Island and SE from there.

He's got PTSD from being dumbfounded in 07-08. So he hates the term latitude. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You have admitted an affection for Ray. I get it’s for a variety of reasons. It’s fine. You’d never , ever pick this over his. And it’s because you hate giving me any satisfaction. I get it and am fine with it 

I'll call it as I see it. But since you are like the human NAM and we need to slash your amounts by 1/3...that's what we do. You probably have equal chances for amounts...maybe someone differs by a small amount...that will be due to how the precip is aligned and collapses to the south. I don't think it is due to elevation. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'll call it as I see it. But since you are like the human NAM and we need to slash your amounts by 1/3...that's what we do. You probably have equal chances for amounts...maybe someone differs by a small amount...that will be due to how the precip is aligned and collapses to the south. I don't think it is due to elevation. 

If you had to choose who you would want to get more Friday. Who would you choose? Simple answer 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

He's got PTSD from being dumbfounded in 07-08. So he hates the term latitude. 

Ha, I mean I could see it either way.  I could see where Ray turns to snow faster and gets clipped by decent mid level banding... or could see precip staying further southwest with the second low so that CT is a bit more robust at elevation.

But given how many times he told me/us to take the under on precip because of Stein fears, even as of a week or two ago... of course I’m going to bust his balls when his tune changes to assume the higher amounts on the very first winter precip event.

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, I mean I could see it either way.  I could see where Ray turns to snow faster and gets clipped by decent mid level banding... or could see precip staying further southwest with the second low so that CT is a bit more robust at elevation.

But given how many times he told me/us to take the under on precip because of Stein fears, even as of a week or two ago... of course I’m going to bust his balls when his tune changes to assume the higher amounts on the very first winter precip event.

Yeah some signs of it lingering in CT. Actually maybe those hills near Danbury do well?

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah some signs of it lingering in CT. Actually maybe those hills near Danbury do well?

Yeah out west?  I could see the precip shield sort of just fall apart out there as opposed to tracking eastward.  Just have an area of precip in Catskills down to Lower Hudson Valley and adjacent CT that toys and slowly dries up as the lift leaves.