Total Members
    Most Online
    Jerry Korkos
    Newest Member
    Jerry Korkos

November 2020 Discussion

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Hope I am a “favored spot” for upslope. 

Your area may even get some commahead backlash synoptic stuff....which of course may be upslope-enhanced too. The trend has been to really redevelop that low over S Maine or even a little further south near BOS. 

• Thanks 1

Gotta watch Tuesday morning for windexy type squalls. 

Crazy to be talking about that a couple days into November after already getting a legit October snow event for many. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Gotta watch Tuesday morning for windexy type squalls. 

Crazy to be talking about that a couple days into November after already getting a legit October snow event for many. 

That’s what I’ve been looking at lol. Decent signal there for somebody. 

I actually think that trough early next week being far more mechanically/really part of the whole hemispheric gearing ...that’s the actual Archibald amplitude/signal because it’s multi mass field related .. And we see by weeks end at least transiently there’s an entire mode change in the pattern.  I think there’s a pretty significant cold reload going on out there though the deeper range still as earlier talked about

Anyway there’s a limit to how deep that’s going to be ...agree with everybody that there’s probably gonna be some hook back there in the maine mountains and definitely upslope but I would also watch that secondary jet street coming down the NW flow early Tuesday that sucker may pulse some nasty Windex thru the area pretty potent

The trough for the area on Monday looks more meridional in nature at least compared to the beyond five days look.  The models as a whole have been trending towards a more amplified and a bigger digging trough.

What the hell is the NAM doing?

Its wrapping snow into SNE too now and dropping temps into the 20s during peak daytime heating on Monday. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Its wrapping snow into SNE too now and dropping temps into the 20s during peak daytime heating on Monday. 

It performed well with today’s snow, hot hand?

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Very strange mechanical transfer…

What we’re looking at there is a Miller B ... just doing it at a very strange orientation; the primary’s up in West/Northwest Ontario as opposed to PA/NY climo ...and the secondary develops on the Del M ...strange mechanical transfer that really bombs going by Boston  

That snow you’re seeing there is a CCBA comma with frontogen 

32 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

3k NAM is lol for Monday. If it went beyond 60 hours it’s getting ready to flash most of SNE over to heavy snow 

You gotta be f’ing kidding me

Man if that all  just got a little bit deeper quicker and verified we’d have one of those 4 to 6 hour dim orbing of the street lamps …

And then 24 hours later we get poofed by a Windex series of squalls…

And then it’s 70° next Friday heh .. negotiable 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You gotta be f’ing kidding me

Any way to see this evidence? Hadn't heard a peep from any of the local Met's on this possibility?

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Deep winter 5 mile run. Surreal out there with the full moon and cold and pack and trees bent over . 2nd White Helloween in last 9 years here. More snow Sunday night/ Monday? 

Surreal is a good word for it. It could be January.

• Thanks 1

14° at BED would tie CON’s record low for the date. Amazing what snow cover can do. I’m only down to 21.9°. 

If BOS could tickle down 2° more to 27° it would be their coldest Ictober temp since 1936 and I assume that was at the old site more inland too?