• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TuggHillRosato
    Newest Member
    TuggHillRosato

Winter 2020-21 Medium/Long Range Discussion

36 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Today's 12z Euro.  (cue the sad trombone)

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_7.png

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_8.png

Woof. I at least had some hopes for lake effect before this run. Congrats North Carolina, I guess.

25 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

The Euro did a 500 mile shift in one run. And they say the GFS is bad. :yikes:

Until the overwhelming majority of models show it within 100 hrs assume it will be a non event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

What?!  We never get the rug pulled out on phasing progged in the med-long range.

Last year we even got the rug yanked in the extreme short range. Fun times. I will take long range vanishing snowstorms over storms going strung out garbage 18 hours before onset. 

• Like 1

Today's models like to come in hot with the cold to start next week off. Question will be whether or not there's anything for it to phase with or if most of us will stay dry.

Surprised that none of the OV posters have mentioned that actually all three big models (GFS, EURO, CMC) have at least something that could end up as a storm for the eastern half of the sub forum. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Surprised that none of the OV posters have mentioned that actually all three big models (GFS, EURO, CMC) have at least something that could end up as a storm for the eastern half of the sub forum. 

I want to see another set of runs first. Lol

3 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

My superstition runs deep 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

Ohio posters are kind of jaded, as they've had Lucy jerk the ball back too many times to be excited.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IWXwx said:

Ohio posters are kind of jaded, as they've had Lucy jerk the ball back too many times to be excited.

Yeah it's bad. The last 5 or so years have been pretty comical at times. Outside of northern parts of the state we always find a way into the screw zone.

35 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

I, for one, have actually not given up quite yet on this baby moving back west

Anything is possible.  I'd say better than 50/50 odds of a decent storm somewhere in the sub.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

The storm just sits there. Wow

The Euro has the surface low doing the sit-n-spin over the Great Lakes for over 48 hrs. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Anything is possible.  I'd say better than 50/50 odds of a decent storm somewhere in the sub.

consistency of a storm is very good for so far out, of course where it goes no one knows. Unlike the rather last minute Detroit snowfall Sunday and Chicagos snow today, this one will be dissected all week. Let the model mayhem of the 2020-21 season commence!

• Like 1