• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jerry Korkos
    Newest Member
    Jerry Korkos

October 2020 Discussion

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Light snow falling at home now.  Great to see big flakes in the flood lights.  

Same here.  First flakes I've witnessed of the season.  The car had a slushy coating when I woke up the other morning and we drove to see some on the ground the other weekend but this is the first action shot I've seen so far.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I’ve seen some snow grains this morning, almost like a frozen drizzle lol.

Rime ice layer is real low, like 2,500ft or a bit lower.  Trees really frosted up last night.

Got a photo of this observation from earlier... heavy rime ice last night and today.  Probably even some snow grains and almost like frozen drizzle accumulating on the upper slopes.

122869059_10104355757573770_533745012644

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

33.3F. Flakes in the air at home. Cold day by Oct stds

Starting to stick a bit as the rates have increased here.

IMG_4887.jpg

Looks to me like Zeta is strengthening AS it is moving ashore later this afternoon/evening and that is traditionally ... not good when storms exhibit this behavior.  They don't like having their hooch gets taken away and take it out on the land by 'scouring' in search of it - 

heh... seriously though, the eye is better defined nearing the coast. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a nearer update that has this to 105 or 110 even - 

well there it is ... 2pm update delivered at 3 pm   :axe:  

but ... 105 mph/ 973 mb

given that it's outer e-wall is still ~ 1.5 hours from sawing inland ...it may yet knick the prized 115 ... The rate of organizational improvement seems to suggest it probably starts peeling back beach front siding and punching through hotel windows right as that 115's happening -

Hahaha...  can you 'magine if that was the tone that these NHC advisories were really written in -  ...that'd be awesome.   

"WE DON'T ANTICIPATE ... HOUSEHOLD PETS KITING THROUGH THE AIR, BUT RECENT RECON REPORTS A SUDDEN PRESSURE DROP ... AWAITING WIND RESPONSE CONFIRMATION NOTABLE AS RADAR DETECTED FIDO's"

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice. Yea. Great scores on raw days isn’t easy but i’ll take an 85 anytime. 

As you can see the greens were receptive :)

rain.jpg

• Haha 1

It's too cold, but the MET is dropping a low of 13F Halloween morning for CON which would break the record of 14F.

It has a low of 5F for BML. The coldest temp Phin saw at BWI last winter was 19F. :lol:

• Like 1