• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

18 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Looks like several inches down in Lowville...check out the live cam (have to scroll down)

https://linkinglewiscounty.com/Live-Traffic-Weather-Cam-South-State-Street-Lowville.html

@wolfie09, how did Pulaski make out? Was it raining there, or did the wife report snow?

Yeah it was snowing when she left, not as bad as here but snowing nonetheless lol I usually have a link to a pulaski web cam but it's down atm <_<

First LES warning of the year.

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST
TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow. Total snow accumulation of 6 to
  10 inches within the most persistent bands. Gusty winds may
  cause some blowing and drifting of snowfall.

* WHERE...Northern Herkimer and Hamilton Counties.

* WHEN...Until 7 AM EST Tuesday.
  • Like 3

..SNOWFALL REPORTS...

Location                     Amount    Time/Date       Lat/Lon

...New York...

...Cattaraugus County...
Ischua 0.4 SSE               0.2 in    0700 AM 11/03   42.24N/78.40W

...Erie County...
Colden 1W                    0.1 in    0730 AM 11/03   42.65N/78.71W

...Lewis County...
3 WNW Constableville         13.0 in   0859 AM 11/03   43.58N/75.48W
Osceola 1E                   7.8 in    0800 AM 11/03   43.50N/75.71W
Lowville                     4.0 in    0700 AM 11/03   43.79N/75.48W
Chases Lake                  3.8 in    0600 AM 11/03   43.76N/75.30W
Glenfield 0.9 SSW            2.0 in    0600 AM 11/03   43.70N/75.41W

...Oswego County...
Redfield 8N                  8.2 in    0700 AM 11/03   43.64N/75.88W
Lacona 3.6 SSE               3.1 in    0700 AM 11/03   43.60N/76.04W
Fulton                       2.5 in    0700 AM 11/03   43.30N/76.39W
Mexico 2SW                   1.4 in    0700 AM 11/03   43.44N/76.27W
Fulton 0.2 W                 0.4 in    0800 AM 11/03   43.32N/76.42W
Pulaski 0.5 NE               0.2 in    0800 AM 11/03   43.57N/76.12W

...Wyoming County...
Wyoming 3 W                  0.5 in    0700 AM 11/03   42.82N/78.15W
Warsaw 6SW                   0.5 in    0700 AM 11/03   42.69N/78.22W
Silver Springs 3N

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Rinse and repeat

Honestly, I’m happy to have something different than the past few Novembers.  Hopefully winter will be different than the past few years, too.  I’m going to test his hypothesis about planting grass in an area I recently disturbed!   

As someone else on here recently mentioned, 10 degrees above average right now is beautiful weather, but 10 degrees below average is just miserable! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, winter_rules said:

Honestly, I’m happy to have something different than the past few Novembers.  Hopefully winter will be different than the past few years, too.  I’m going to test his hypothesis about planting grass in an area I recently disturbed!   

As someone else on here recently mentioned, 10 degrees about average right now is beautiful weather, but 10 degrees below average is just miserable! 

My first reaction to seeing that from Eric Fisher was, "GAaaaaaaaahhhhhh."

But, your perspective on this is great..and you have a great point!

1 hour ago, winter_rules said:

As someone else on here recently mentioned, 10 degrees about average right now is beautiful weather, but 10 degrees below average is just miserable! 

I hope! Most Nina winters are front loaded so we absolutely have to have a great December. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

My first reaction to seeing that from Eric Fisher was, "GAaaaaaaaahhhhhh."

But, your perspective on this is great..and you have a great point!

It has taken me 35 years and 3 kids to get to this point, but I’m finally embracing Joe Basardi’s old phrase: “Enjoy the weather.  It’s the only weather you’ve got.”  It’s a bit silly, but a good motto for all of us on this forum. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Oddly my middle child (she’s 12) and I have already made the pact that if we have another event to that degree we are also jumping off the garage roof and into the back yard. Now we wait...

That was one of my all time favorite weeks. I'd say Nov 2014 and Dec 2001 are 1/2. I've never seen so much snow and it was a week blitz. If I remember correctly 4 events all with 20+ inches. 

• Like 1

What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time we were about to enter the coldest/snowiest early November stretch of weather I can recall. 1-2 weeks of snow cover at BUF, some days averaging 20 below normal. This year, we bask in near summer warmth and sun. Payback for the miserable weather in April and first part of May this year I guess. 

• Like 1

Just now, Buffalo Bumble said:

What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time we were about to enter the coldest/snowiest early November stretch of weather I can recall. 1-2 weeks of snow cover at BUF, some days averaging 20 below normal. This year, we bask in near summer warmth and sun. Payback for the miserable weather in April and first part of May this year I guess. 

Let's hope we will see below average again for this spring, keep the bugs and humidity away! :)

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Hoping this means we flip the table completely and have a cold end of November and December. With the warm lake it would be “lit” as the kids say...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1