• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

what's everyones thoughts on the Sunday storm? Looks like there could be some big winds and lakeshore flooding along Lake Erie 

HWO in effect for it. Thinking 50-60 mph winds.

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for portions of western New York.

.DAY ONE...This afternoon and tonight.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Friday through Wednesday.

Strong gusty winds are possible Sunday and Sunday night.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Please give me a negative NAO in December! Nearly every blockbuster Metro Buffalo event features a negative NAO or some type of blocking pattern. 

Weeklies get progressively better in December. Dateline ridge builds with a bit of a west based -NAO look. 

Saw that in the New England forum 40/70 benchmark showed the same regarding the weeklies. I think the Euro has been on to something and the GFS is still following the it’s going to stay warm bit

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Saw that in the New England forum 40/70 benchmark showed the same regarding the weeklies. I think the Euro has been on to something and the GFS is still following the it’s going to stay warm bit

I'll take some more warmth the next few weeks if it means -NAO all of December. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Was it the halloween storm last year that wrecked it?

Yep. It wasn't installed correctly. Going to court in 3 weeks for damages. I'm getting the Nest installed in case something else happens. It's a good security blanket. I was planning to get fixed in summer, but wanted to wait for court date first. Hoping it last until next summer to get fixed.

13 hours ago, Luke_Mages said:

Dude I told you to go with wood :(

With gyms closing I can attest that digging posts is one hell of a workout. 

It wouldn't look good with my house. Everyone in my neighborhood as vinyl. Very low maintenance and wood you have to stain every few years. After doing that this year with my large deck, NO THANKS!

This is a pretty solid first wind event for us this season. Latest gfs went really deep with the pressure, 973mb!!   However the over amplified gfs has bit me more than a few times in the last year so I’m not getting too excited.  Still a nice storm track with a deepening system (for the most part), also the frontal passage looks to take advantage of some diurnal mixing which should up the ante a bit. I’m guessing we get some sporadic power outages with this one. 

Finally something to track :D

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

This is a pretty solid first wind event for us this season. Latest gfs went really deep with the pressure, 973mb!!   However the over amplified gfs has bit me more than a few times in the last year so I’m not getting too excited.  Still a nice storm track with a deepening system (for the most part), also the frontal passage looks to take advantage of some diurnal mixing which should up the ante a bit. I’m guessing we get some sporadic power outages with this one. 

I'm going to be outside physically holding my fence today tomorrow afternoon. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

Hmmm, after a closer look it seems like the frontal passage comes too late in the afternoon for any good diurnal mixing. That’s a shame.